Carbonation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robpez

Reaction score
I just cracked open a few bottles of my first batch , and so far 2 bottles were carbonated fine and 2 were on the flat side (I neglected to gently stir my priming sugar in the bottling bucket)...Is it possible to add some sugar to the "flat" bottles and send them back to ferment? If so, how much should I add? (using grolsch type bottles)...Thanks!

NO! Don't sugar. You'll make beer bombs, as in they will explode from over carbonation.

Did you put your priming solution in the bottom of the bucket before you transferred? That alone will usually mix the solution into your beer enough.

Some of the bottles are going to take longer to carbonate than others. It's normal. Sit on that beer for at least 2 more weeks. They'll all be carbonated and taste better too.

If you are really anxious, brew another batch this weekend. Use that nervous energy the right way.

No I poured it in after i transferred from primary...I'll add it first next time...Thanks for the info!

Back