Keg Pump Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
While milling around the garage this morning, I found my old college Keg Pump. B/c we all know what happens when you introduce regular old air to a keg, it becomes crap and undrinkable.

So I started to take apart the pump and thought "Could I run CO2 through this?"

I think that I can as it is a sanke tap and the pump part unscrews and all I would have to do is get a double end male and screw the tap on.

Can this be done? I can take pics if need be.

Thanks!

yes it can be done, but keg couplers that are designed to hook up to co2 and beer lines are about $40 bucks and require no skill or extra setup, so if you are in doubt buy the tap instead of converting it.

No problem converting that I got a brass male/male fitting and a hose barb at the hardware store, just took the rig down there in hand and wandered through the fittings untill I found something that would work. Sealed it up with teflon tape and I can convert back and forth. Really though now I don't even convert it back because why would I inject oxy into a keg now that I know better. Also I can take it to a kegger hook it up and I'm the hero because nobody has to pump the keg, then the next day any beer thats left usually comes home with me.

No problem converting that I got a brass male/male fitting and a hose barb at the hardware store, just took the rig down there in hand and wandered through the fittings untill I found something that would work. Sealed it up with teflon tape and I can convert back and forth. Really though now I don't even convert it back because why would I inject oxy into a keg now that I know better. Also I can take it to a kegger hook it up and I'm the hero because nobody has to pump the keg, then the next day any beer thats left usually comes home with me.

so you took one w/ the pump on top and the CO2 outlet on the side and converted it that way? Did you cap off the top or use that as your CO2 inlet?

wow this response is irresponsably late and youve probably already figured this whole thing out, but yes that is what i did and i think i had to figure out which way it went because i never had the hand pump i just used trial and error.

Back