Grain Crushing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would look into a corona style mill on ebay, and modify it following the myriad of threads in the DIY section. they are pretty cheap to buy and work pretty well, or you could spring the cash on a roller mill from one of our fine vendors on here.

I've always wondered if you could do it with a rolling pin but I must say... I am impressed by your perseverance and effort. I tired after hand cranking 13lbs through my rollers...

That made me laugh out loud, it had to take forever!
If it don't make that buddy stronger ... it'll make that bud wiser :D

Personally I have a Victoria mill with a high hopper that holds 2 pounds of grain.
It makes for a good work out and an opportunity to be closer to my kegs :mug:

Well luckily I brew extract, so it was about a pound and a half of grains that i had to crush. Didn't feel like going to get a rolling pin. In retrospect, going to the store and getting one would have probably saved me more time! But i think after doing some reading here I may go with the corona or pasta machine...

And yes... took almost an hour for a pound and a half. My wife even helped... she said it was "therapeutic." Yep. :)

Back