Belgian Strong Ale Label *In Works*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadDoc

Reaction score
Designing it all in Illustrator CS2. Background in Photoshop.. probably gonna run a lighten on the lower part of the graphic.

Just a rough layout right now... been playing with it for a few hours lil tweeks here and there. Set as a 4x3 label size. Haven't come up with a name yet and the beer wont be ready till next spring or so.

BelgianStrongAle.jpg

Let me know what you think so far.

Without meaning to be too critical, it's very dark and hard to read. you might wanna try using brighter colours for your text to stand out on the darker background...

I agree with robcore - the text is just a little too dark for the dark background. If you like the font color, and i do, consider widening the white diffusion behind the lettering just a little more so that the letters stand out better.

Thanks! Yeah I was working on this at 2am and I could only keep either Photoshop or Illustrator open with full control because some programs on here are memory WHORES! I'm gonna see what I can do to the picture to kinda level out the brightness before doing more to the text. I already ran an outer glow on them.

also i would print them out occassionally and look at them. Pictures look different on a back lit monitor vs printed on white paper.

also i would print them out occassionally and look at them. Pictures look different on a back lit monitor vs printed on white paper.

yup.. but sadly we dont have anything that can print lables at work that is rgb.... only cmyk copiers and an oversize color cmyk ink printer. I do Printing and Desktop Publishing along with everything else that goes with that. Hmm maybe my soon to be *hopefully* significant other will hook me up and I can use her dad's press in his house. heh.

Back