Finally finished my grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanmars

EAC Wannabe
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, except for a hopper...

The Crush.JPG

The Mill 1.JPG

The Mill 2.JPG

Your belt looks really loose. You might want to mount that motor on a hinged platform so you can adjust the tension.

Actually I'm putting slots in the table. The mounting bolts go through the table and into cleats that move with the motor.

With that being said, it pulled the grain through with no discernible slipping. Although it was a rather small amount of grain.

Looks good! I kinda feel like I have to turn in my man-card for not being able to build a suitable housing for the rollers, but without access to machine tools.... let's just say that it's tough to do fine machining work with a hand drill!

:off: You see the thread on the proposed Yankee Ingenuity IV get-together? I think Glib's going to hold you to your offer to host... ;)

Only 2 legs? Is it sturdy? Also, will you shield the arbor/belt?

I think I'm going to have to go ahead and give you some props. ;)

Actually, the legs are just stuck under the platform. Not even attached. They're just there for a trial run. I will probably put another bucket under that end.

Considering a guard. Maybe after I lose a few fingers or other dangling appendages. :drunk:

Thanks for the props

Back