party pig?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I was checking this out and was thinking of getting one depending on the price. Only because as of right now I'm only brewing 5 gallons or 10 gallons a month.

http://204.188.100.225/overview.html

It's a little keg with a pouch of co2 in it that keeps it fresh for months... seems kinda like a pain ins the a** to refil it though...

Is it worth buying??

I was checking this out and was thinking of getting one depending on the price. Only because as of right now I'm only brewing 5 gallons or 10 gallons a month.

http://204.188.100.225/overview.html

It's a little keg with a pouch of co2 in it that keeps it fresh for months... seems kinda like a pain ins the a** to refil it though...

Is it worth buying??

sorry im not in the right mindset today but i editited the post now.

I would actually suggest using a 5L mini keg over the Party Pig. This does the same thing cheaper, better and is more user friendly. The Party Pig is a system like Mr. Beer. BTW 4 5L mini kegs = 5 gallons so that is a HUGE incentive in my book.

I would actually suggest using a 5L mini keg over the Party Pig. This does the same thing cheaper, better and is more user friendly. The Party Pig is a system like Mr. Beer. BTW 4 5L mini kegs = 5 gallons so that is a HUGE incentive in my book.

where can i find this 5L mini keg you speak of??

I liked the party pig because it is like the mr beer but you can put your own beer you brewed in it and it carbonates it for you so you skip bottling... If I can skip bottling with the mini keg Id rather just buy that.

I picked up my party pig for $5 on craigslist. I like it. I use it for family get togethers so I don't need to keep track of my bottles. The pouches are $5 each.

I'd like to have a mini keg set up someday.

If you do a search (no this isn't a search, noob post) for "party pig" you'll find TONS of reviews and experiences to help you with your decision.

Also, check out Tap-a-draft as well. That's the one I went with and it works great too.

That said, if you think you'll upgrade to a real kegging system, just do that. Most folks who get a party pig or a TAD system "for now", decide to move up to kegging really quickly after and wish they'd just spent the money towards kegging. I got the TAD because I didn't have any room to keg and it was a great halfway measure for me. Plus, you can get extra TAD bottles fairly cheap (in some areas you can buy 3-liter pop bottles that also fit the TAD system) so you can expand your storage without too much more outlay of cash.

If you do a search (no this isn't a search, noob post) for "party pig" you'll find TONS of reviews and experiences to help you with your decision.

Also, check out Tap-a-draft as well. That's the one I went with and it works great too.

That said, if you think you'll upgrade to a real kegging system, just do that. Most folks who get a party pig or a TAD system "for now", decide to move up to kegging really quickly after and wish they'd just spent the money towards kegging. I got the TAD because I didn't have any room to keg and it was a great halfway measure for me. Plus, you can get extra TAD bottles fairly cheap (in some areas you can buy 3-liter pop bottles that also fit the TAD system) so you can expand your storage without too much more outlay of cash.

Thanks im gonna look into it !

where can i find this 5L mini keg you speak of??

I liked the party pig because it is like the mr beer but you can put your own beer you brewed in it and it carbonates it for you so you skip bottling... If I can skip bottling with the mini keg Id rather just buy that.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/party-star-deluxe-tap-system.html

There are other places to. You use 1/2 the priming sugar when priming these. These also have a liner in them that is not removable but are easy to clean if done so right after it is empty. They say they can be used 7-10 times before they will need discarded. A replacement keg is $10.

A note here is that you do not need the CO2 charger. These all have a built in "gravity / air vent tap. Be warned without the CO2 the beer will need consumed quickly (as in over night. Think giant open can of beer...)

I have a 3 pig rotation. I don't have the space for kegging. I read mixed reviews on the 5L mini kegs. I love the pigs. They seem to work great and I have had them sit in the fridge for months without any loss of quality or carbonation. Once you get the hang of the setup, the pigs make "bottle" day a breeze.

Back