Looking for guinea pigs with a catch :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadliner

Reaction score
I'm brewing my first personal all grain recipe tomorrow. It's a Vanilla Coffee Porter that I'm going to call Javanilla Porter. I'm looking for 10 people that I can send it to and get positive feedback from when it is ready in a few months. And the catch :p.. I'd like to offer feedback to those 10 people on one of their brews :) Anyone interested??

I would be down for that. I just started with all grain myself, and the wife doesn't exactly give the best feedback. I have a belgian strong golden ale I am wanting to make a well as a simple belgian wit.

I'm also in, as my wife is one of the few people who drink my beers. A galaxy ipa, that i very much enjoy, was referred to as smelling like vomit last night. (which it does not)

+1 for me

Im in, I have a Citra IPA and an attempted Boulevard Brewing 80 acre wheat clone, the 80 acre is my first all grain batch as well.

not to go off topic, but how that 80acre clone look? i just drank one for the 1st time last night and loved it!

not to go off topic, but how that 80acre clone look? i just drank one for the 1st time last night and loved it!

Not sure yet, if the gravity sample is any indicator its going to be awesome. Its going to hit bottles this weekend. Mine is not exactly a clone, my LHBS was out of Nelson Sauvin, so its a hoppy wheat, just with Citra instead of NS.

Put it in the fermentor last night. I'll get everyones addresses in a few day and put ya on the list to send it out to.. Looking forward to this.

Im 100% down always liked the idea of a communal trade!
AG also. Have a couple custom recipes coming up and would love feedback on them.

Just an FYI to everyone.
Shipping will be an ITCH with 1 bottle. Unless it fits into a flat rate box lol never tried.

Im 100% down always liked the idea of a communal trade!
AG also. Have a couple custom recipes coming up and would love feedback on them.

Just an FYI to everyone.
Shipping will be an ITCH with 1 bottle. Unless it fits into a flat rate box lol never tried.

Does UPS or FedEx do flat rate boxes? Because if you're referring to the flat rate boxes from the USPS then you should know that it's a very bad idea to ship beer through USPS. Only use UPS or FedEx.

I'm brewing my first personal all grain recipe tomorrow. It's a Vanilla Coffee Porter that I'm going to call Javanilla Porter. I'm looking for 10 people that I can send it to and get positive feedback from when it is ready in a few months. And the catch :p.. I'd like to offer feedback to those 10 people on one of their brews :) Anyone interested??

Sure.. I have a Vanilla Milk Stout coming out now.. and its my first ever..

It's.. how do you say.. " Interesting.. :) "

That said, I have gone through 12 of them in 4 days.. so "interesting" good

I figured it would be a small PITA.. I propose I will take care of packing supplies since this is by my request.. I'll ship my bottle sealed by a food saver, bubble wrapped, with peanuts filling the rest of the box, then the recipient can simply reuse my packing supplies and reship to me. only thing anyone is out then is shipping cost. which I'll have to look into more.

Sure.. I have a Vanilla Milk Stout coming out now.. and its my first ever..

It's.. how do you say.. " Interesting.. :) "

That said, I have gone through 12 of them in 4 days.. so "interesting" good

that sounds very interesting.. Makes 11 people, which I am good with :) Mine just started fermentation last night though so we're looking at a little wait.

Does UPS or FedEx do flat rate boxes? Because if you're referring to the flat rate boxes from the USPS then you should know that it's a very bad idea to ship beer through USPS. Only use UPS or FedEx.

Great reasoning. I know the reason why, your answer is just very vague...
When packaged right there should be no problem with any shipping company. USPS is also crazy cheap for light packages...where as UPS and FEDex are not...also where does prohibited say its legal? To each there own...there the ones with the "Ive read the terms and conditions"

I figured it would be a small PITA.. I propose I will take care of packing supplies since this is by my request.. I'll ship my bottle sealed by a food saver, bubble wrapped, with peanuts filling the rest of the box, then the recipient can simply reuse my packing supplies and reship to me. only thing anyone is out then is shipping cost. which I'll have to look into more.

What a guy!
From what ive seen to even the fartest part of the country you would only be looking at $8-10 (yes thru fedex/ups nukebrewer) for a 2-3pd package.

P.s....Did i make 10th!?! lol

Great reasoning. I know the reason why, your answer is just very vague...
When packaged right there should be no problem with any shipping company. USPS is also crazy cheap for light packages...where as UPS and FEDex are not...also where does prohibited say its legal? To each there own...there the ones with the "Ive read the terms and conditions"

What a guy!
From what ive seen to even the fartest part of the country you would only be looking at $8-10 (yes thru fedex/ups nukebrewer) for a 2-3pd package.

P.s....Did i make 10th!?! lol

Yes sir :) I'm closing it off at 11.. I'll be emailing everyone for their address and look forward to the trade and input!!!

I have your stout in the 6 I promised myself not to drink for a month. Because everyone says it will be much better in a month.. but I think its good (enough) now.. :)

Darn, it's too bad your closing it off at 11. I am from Vilonia and I pass through Conway all the time visiting. My ex and my son live in Conway as well. We could do a quick swap and save on shipping! Go Hogs

Darn, it's too bad your closing it off at 11. I am from Vilonia and I pass through Conway all the time visiting. My ex and my son live in Conway as well. We could do a quick swap and save on shipping! Go Hogs

Well hell, we'll have to meet up some time.

Sweet I'm looking forward to trying it!

No.. no your not.. :p

Its getting progressively worse as it ages. I think they may have been infected during bottling.. My son was "helping" me and he may have gotten something into the brew bucket. I'll still send a bottle, but don't expect much from it..

That said, about to bottle my octoberfest.. and that is coming out pretty good.

lol it happens.. I'm moving into the secondary with the coffee and vanilla bean this week.

I haven't heard anything.. but unfortunately my octoberfest cam out too good.. and is gone.

On the positive.. a new batch is in the fermentors, my first all grain is in the fermentor, and my Russian Imperial Came out rather good.

So if something comes my way I will be able to reciprocate nicely :)

Back