keg keeps foaming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaccoo

Reaction score
Hello all, cheers.

newbie here to this board.

I have had a home made keg-fridge in my cellar for a few years, however, i am experiencing my first problems.... with a keg of sweet, smooth, harpoon IPA that i want to save....

the beer keeps coming out Foamie. i was away for a week skiiing in vermont and upstate new york, i come home from a long 6 hour drive, salivating like pavlov's dogs waiting for the sweet nectar. only to be slapped in the face with a frozen keg. BS!!! i thaw it out, let it sit for 24 hours, retap, waiting for the sweet nectar, STILL FOAM. Pressure is good in both guages of my CO2 regulator.

so upon trouble shooting, i noticed that my low profile sanke tap is spitting when i decouple it from the keg. so it is leaking co2, over pressurizing my keg!! (i think). i have soaked the tap in water for 24 hours, but still the keg foams when i tap it.

WHAT DO I DO :(

I have had co2 leaks before and my beer has gone completely flat. I found the leak and add co2 back into my beer. You might turn of the co2, and bleed off any co2 out of the keg. You will have to this a couple of times until the saturation level in you beer is lower. When done turn the co2 back on. I'm new at the game but that's what I would try.

Back