Best Brewing Experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_wilkosz

Reaction score
What is everyone's best experience with brewing?

That is, be it your first brew, your first AG brew, your first kegging, I'm just wondering what has stood out to everyone the most that one special time--and what brew was it

i must say mine would have to be my first brew. I have only done 3, but none the less my buddy came over and we brewed a great beer. It was Valentine's Day, couldnt see my girlfriend that day and was slightly down about it. The experience of brewing caught on with me quickly and i have been enthused ever since. It was a Dark Belgian White

My first medal, I think. I wasn't expecting anything, but I ended up beating out two of my friend's beers and he's an amazing brewer.

My best experience was when I tasted my first home brew. This was like 18 years ago so my taste is now more refined. However, at the time that was the best beer I had ever tasted outside of Pete's wicked ale.

Just threw a surprise birthday party for my father-in-law, and I had reserved 2 cases of previous brews. 12pk IPA, 12pk Pale Ale, and a case of Dunkel (my first lager). We also bought 2 cases of BMC just in case of non-adventurous types. The home brew was a big hit! I have 2 Pale Ales, and 5 Dunkels remaining and just over a case of the other... stuff.

Next up was my first brew, I did just over a year ago. I'm gonna make an anniversary brew to commemorate my first year of brewing.

My best time was when I did a blind taste test. My brother in law (the real Fat Guy) and sister in law thought my porter was the commercial and better tasting beer going against Ballast Point Porter.

Mine was my first AG. We (hubby & I) have been brewing a few years before we took the AG plunge. We gathered and made our AG equipment but didn't get to use it for a couple months. Then the big day arrived! Everything went just like it was suppose to go and I even had decent efficiency. The only down side is I made a kind of big beer so it's still in the secondary and I think the second batch will be ready for bottling before the first. :eek:

Back