Pastuerizing in Bud Light Aluminum Bottles....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWavs

Reaction score
Title says it all. They should be ready by the end of the week. If I don't report back, send somebody after me. :D

Just make sure the plastic liner in the bottle can handle your pasteurizing temps and that you don't scratch it, thus exposing your beer to aluminum.

Those aluminum bottles can be turned into excellent alcohol burning backpacking stoves. I use one all the time.

That's about the only thing I've seen them used for that's worth anything. ;)

Those aluminum bottles can be turned into excellent alcohol burning backpacking stoves. I use one all the time.

That's about the only thing I've seen them used for that's worth anything. ;)

:off:
I've made and used a few but always seem to end up bringing my old trusty supercat stove into the woods. A little less efficient then some, but I'm a sucker for the simplicity.

Back to cider-

Actually, more then a few backpackers use cooking pots made out of re-purposed cans with those liners so they may be up to the task.

I love bottling in aluminum bottles, especially when I plan to ship the beer. They cap nicely, though a bench capper is required. I doubt pasteurizing temps will harm the plastic liners. Try a few bottles and note any off flavors.

I love bottling in aluminum bottles, especially when I plan to ship the beer. They cap nicely, though a bench capper is required. I doubt pasteurizing temps will harm the plastic liners. Try a few bottles and note any off flavors.

Ahhh....you're gonna make me repeat the same batch with the only variable change being the bottles!

I like what ya did there! :D

Back