Vacation, YEAST 3068, and a Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardrain

Reaction score
Quick advice needed: I'm leaving for a two week vacation and my beer is staying in the increasing heat of DC. I've moved two batches, one in the wine chiller with some fruit, the other into a keg.

I bled the get of oxygen with the co2, but I wasn't planning on carbonating until I get back because I'd rather carbonate with a chilled keg rather than a 75-78 degree one. Is this the right move? Or should I just set it up at 15-20 psi or so and let it sit at "room" temp?

The other minor thing is that the yeast I used, Weihenstephan Weizen, still has a bit of a sulfur smell which I've been told is normal and should condition out. That's the beer in the keg.

Thanks!

If it were me I'd get the carbonation going so the beer is carbed when you get back, either with the appropriate pressure for the temp (there's a carb table here somewhere) or with priming sugar once you are sure the lid is sealed. I know nothing about that yeast.

If you do carb it a room temp, jack the psi up to 20. It takes FOREVER to carb at room temp.

Boyle is a harsh mistress.

;)

Back