Epic/Idiotic BrewDay - 3 batches, flying solo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I brewed 3 batches of beer in 1 day I'd end up with a hell of a hangover the next day. I tend to lose a lot of time to the "walk to the keg and refill" step in my brew schedule lol. I did a double batch (with decoct mash) and a single a few weeks ago, too much work and I'm not anxious to repeat it.

It was a lot of work for sure and let's just say things got a little loose in the late evening portion of the brewday. It was a pretty taxing day :drunk:

"Make certain that you allow about 3 hours + for "Murphy's Law" which will come into play in a situation such as this. Figure on finishing around midnight and you will be fine. Montanaandy"

Ok, so what do I win :)

Touche Montanaandy, touche. Well played, sir. I'm checking on the raffle prize.

dcHokie - I see you are another runner/brewer like me. Thought I was the only one.
My self, I'm an Ultrarunner. Unlike you though, I am slow as dirt.

Good for you. :mug:

dcHokie - I see you are another runner/brewer like me. Thought I was the only one.
My self, I'm an Ultrarunner. Unlike you though, I am slow as dirt.

Good for you. :mug:

Whoa brewnick, I can't hold a candle to ultrarunning, now THAT is impressive. That's gotta be tough to balance that type of training and brewing. What sort of distances do you run/race? is that 50 miles, 100K?

Whoa brewnick, I can't hold a candle to ultrarunning, now THAT is impressive. That's gotta be tough to balance that type of training and brewing. What sort of distances do you run/race? is that 50 miles, 100K?

The furthest I've ran was 64 miles (slightly longer than a 100k.)
Been to 50+ miles a few times.
Most of my training runs are 20+, my longest training run was a 42 miler.
I attempted Javelina Jundred (100 miler) last October and had to drop out at 51 miles due to a back injury.
My little races are usually 50k's (31.1 miles). I am a distance person, but not fast at all. Wished I had that kind of speed.

Back