I did it!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waddy36

Reaction score
Tried my first brew tonight and it tastes like beer!! its an amber ale from Midwest and I have a pale ale ready to bottle tomorrow.

This forum has been great help so thank you all! 2012-08-17 17.52.13.jpg

Now that you have beer made, how many more beers do you have fermenting and how many more are in the planning? I have parts of a dozen different batches (all different, good variety of beers to choose from) and have a couple more in the planning stage that I will get to as soon as I have time.

Thanks for all the congrats. And yes, I'm well on my way to obsession! My pipeline is looking pretty good too. Amber ale is ready, cascade pale ale is ready to bottle, and ill be brewing a pumpkin ale this week or next.

So far the wifey hasn't even complained about the closet I took over or the fact I have 5 gallon buckets on the kitchen counter for the last month!

:mug:

Well done! Savor the flavor of your growing beer education. Glad to have you on the forum and appreciate your future contributions to the next person on their first step.

Congrats!

I still have yet to taste my first brew. It's 2 weeks in the bottles right now, so I'm gonna pop one open today and taste it early.

It was in primary 3 weeks, secondary 1 week, and had now been in bottles 2 weeks, so just 1 more week to go.

Man, I'm gonna be happy to be in your shoes, and have it ready for consumption! In the meantime, working on filling the pipeline. Gonna brew a Black IPA today, to go with those listed in my sig :)

The SOUND of that first bottle cap coming off is extremely rewarding...as is actually TASTING something that you made! And after numerous batches of brew, it is still fun and a joy to open that first bottle of the NEXT batch of beer.

Enjoy the obsession! Brewing has much in common with insanity.

glenn514:mug:

Latest posts

Back