Thanks...Mom.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*cough, cough* A man's site and a man's hobby? Well then, I better get my husband to start making the brews then. I'll watch him while eating bonbons and drinking some IPA. Actually, sounds really good on bottling days...

Exactly! This is a man's site and a man's hobby. Everybody knows that. Apparently women can't brew.

I can give back my man card at any time. Oh, wait. I never got one. :drunk:

I have two perfect cast iron skillets, and two perfect baking "stones" that are well seasoned and completely non-stick. It took many many years to get them that way!

Went camping on a float trip and brought my huge Cast-Iron pan, woke up next morning for breakfast and found at time GF and her friend soaking it in soapy water to "clean" to use for breakfast. Pretty soon the whole camp was awake from my yelling at the two "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY PAN!!!!!"

She learned quick after that morning.

Dude................. time to man up!

She watched YOUR kids so YOU could earn some extra $$$ for YOUR hobby. She even fed YOUR kids.

And you're upset because YOUR pan was cleaned but not the way YOU like it? WTF?

Priorities man. Priorities. I know this is a man site, dedicated to a man's hobby, but YOU sound ridiculous. YOUR Man-Card has now been revoked.

How are YOU gonna get it back? Ripping me a new one is not how YOU are gonna do it.

I think you are taking this far too seriously and do not understand the time and care it takes to well season some cast iron.

Here's a trick my Italian mom taught me with cast iron skillets. Clean the heck outta it. Comet & a brillo pad. Rinse it off.

Then put 1/4 inch of olive oil in it. Bake that pan in the oven @ 350 degrees for 10 or 15 minutes. Open the windows & turn a fan on. It's gonna smoke. Pull it out and rinse it off.

You've just cleaned & cured your pan. :drunk:

Back