Haier 4.8cu Ft fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robh1111975

Reaction score
Target has a Haier 4.8 cu ft fridge on sale this week in my area ($99.00)
anyone have any experience with it for storing a keg?
thanks,

Can you post a link?

If it has a freezer compartment, then it's worthless IMO.

Some people have bent the tray down, but I think most people would agree that it is too risky to do with a new fridge.

I couldn't find a haier 4.8 cu ft model. I found a 4.6 cu ft, but it's got the freezer compartment.

large

Take along a tape measure and do some internal measurements. I was able to successfully bend a freezer compartment / coolant line out of the way, but that was a freebie fridge; no way would I do it on a new fridge when I could spend a couple dollars more and get the Sanyo 4912.

I'd check out Craigslist, too; seems like the time of year when there are LOADS of dorm fridges for next to no money, if you have any college campuses around you.

Sorry, it is a 4.6 cu ft fridge. The store just had it in the box no display so I couldn't get accurate measurements. It does have the ice tray up top though.
I'd love to find something on craigslist to save some money for more brewing stuff. Seems (at least for me) that there are always lots of dead ends with craigs list in my experience.
May just save up for the Sanyo I guess.

I have one of these. My wife bought it to put extra stuff in. We weren't using it very much so I thought why not a Cornie kg and a picnic tapper. Any way the Cornie keg is about an inch too tall. The "freezer" compartment gets in the way.

Looks to me like it would work. But I think your lower back will suffer getting the fermenter in and out. Just MHO! Whatever works for you, that's what it's all about.

I post on another thread...you can use the 4.6...i took out the door shelving and bent the freezer against the wall...can fit 2 sixtel or 1/4 barrel as well!!! Plus a 5lb co2 tank...no worries at all...it works perfectly

not sure what the measurement is...but it is the same fridge from above...i had a typo above as well...it can fit 1 1/6 barrel or 1/4 slim...not 2 1/6 barrels...i love having just a little bit of beer on tap so 1/6 is perfect for me...cheers!!!

Back