3 gallon cornies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltbarleyhops

Reaction score
where do i get them? my new outdoor bar is getting a craigslist minifridge that will be a kegerator. prob is 5 gallon cornies dont fit, cant move the freezer coils and the fridge is really cool and i believe rare. its a Alis-Chalmers fridge.

any assistance is appreciated.

cheers!

The 2.5 and 3 gal corny kegs are as scarce as hen's teeth. You can buy them new, but the price is ridiculous. I have four 3 gallon ones that I got for $32 each about six years ago. Wish I had a couple of dozen of them. The Chinese should start cranking these out for a reasonable price. They's sell a ton of them even at $50 I think.

I bought two a couple weeks ago for $65 each on here in the classifieds section. They are hard to come buy.

$65/each isn't cheap but for what I've seen them go for it's not bad and I was willing to pay for them. Trust me they are worth it. So convenient for hauling to parties. I simply fill them from my main 5 gallon keg (10 minutes of time) throw them in the cooler and I'm off. No f&^%ing bottles to remember at the end of the night. No need to instruct people on why drinking straight from the bottle isn't ideal. It just works much better and I love em.

Unfortunately, most of the time I see them for sale in the midwest where homebrewing is more popular. This is unfortunate because I don't live there.

Ditto, just keep an eye out. it took me a few months to find one once I decided to buy. Got it from the same guy as Scut Monkey. $65 is unfortunately a decent price on these things. They're usually around 60-80 when you find them online. If cheaper, they go FAST. Hell, they go fast for those prices too.

I passed up several on Craigslist for basically scrap value before I knew what I was doing. I thought 5 gallons was better, until I got some full 5 gallon cornies and tried to transport them!

Back