UFC 107 Penn vs Sanchez

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penn for sure! Sanchez is good but I don't think he has what it takes to beat BJ. I also really want to see Mir fight, this is going to be a good one.

I like sanchez as a fighter but, technically he's not ready for Penn. If he can push the pace, not get caught in a submission early and get the fight into the 4th and 5th rounds he has a chance. But I wouldn't put my money on it.

I'd love to see Penn get a beat down like GSP gave him, but I don't think Sanchez is the fighter to deliver that in the lightweight division.

Thought the Penn camp's move to try to have GSP's fight license suspended after UFC94 was a dick move as well, after already accepting a re-rematch fight.

If anything, he should be able to weather Penn's initial flurry and his conditioning should be able to carry the match.

I have to agree with ElPresidente that Sanchez is not as technically sound as Penn, but you never know. The fight I'm looking forward to the most is the Florian/Guida fight it should be a phenomenal fight.

If anything, he should be able to weather Penn's initial flurry and his conditioning should be able to carry the match.

True - I was very shocked in the fight with GSP. I knew GSP was going to win but didn't think that Penn was going to be that bad, really thought that he would have trained a bit harder and be a closer fight.

True - I was very shocked in the fight with GSP. I knew GSP was going to win but didn't think that Penn was going to be that bad, really thought that he would have trained a bit harder and be a closer fight.

While not the biggest GSP fan I don't think that Penn not training hard enough was the issue. Right now I'm not sure who at welterweight could beat GSP. Other than maybe Huges and Penn in a tag team.

The fight I'm looking forward to the most is the Florian/Guida fight it should be a phenomenal fight.

Guida is one of my favorite fighters, so I'm looking forward to this as well. I wonder if Florian will try the stick and move game-plan that he used against Huerta, trying to avoid getting drawn into a brawl.

At lightweight, BJ Penn is a ridiculously hard opponent to even think about fighting (which is why he's the champ). Take him down?: he's the prodigy on the ground. Stand and bang?: He'll turn your face into hamburger (Sherk). Try to stick and move?: He'll catch you (Florian).

I think the only strategy is to go in and flail your arms wildly like a middle school girl in a fight, while screaming like a wounded bison. Better strategy than anything else I can think of....

And WTF is up with everyone calling BJ out on his cardio? Yeah, he's a pudgy lump at 170, which is why he dropped back to 155. At lightweight he can throw hands all night long and still be fresh in the 3rd & 4th rounds (Shirk & Florian fights).

And speaking of Sherk, why did he try to have a kickboxing fight with Penn??? The only thing that works against Penn is (a) a jab thrown from someone taller and longer than him (GSP) and (b) wicked wrestling G&P from a champion-caliber fighter (Hughes & GSP). Also (c) a quart of Vaseline on your back. JUST KIDDING.

Way to go BJ Penn! :mug:

There were a lot of good fights on this card. I only have one thing to rant about. Mother F*#kin Comcast! I selected to watch this and then was greeted with a blank screen. I tried reaching Comcast support by phone and got hung up on numerous times. Finally I was able to reach them through the internet chat after an hour and fifteen minutes. The person in chat said they were sending a basic service status check and then I was able to watch, even though they didn't see anything wrong. It wouldn't be so bad, but this is the third time this has happened. Maybe time for a different cable provider.

Good fights. As much as I hate listening to Frank Mir run his pie hole, he looked like a beast. He really put in the work and it showed. Pen simply dominated Sanchez every round. I was shocked Sanchez was able to hang around that long considering the beating he was taking. Tough kid!!!

looks painful...
1oDeH.png
[/IMG]

Back