Great Beer names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana Red

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just want to say, that the last week or so of crusing this site has had me alternately laughing out loud and cursing "why didnt I think of that" when seeing some of the name for these brews you guys are making.

I particularly love the ones that work in "hop" in the name.

Hopocalypse Now (my recent new favorite)
Hopgasm

etc.

Good on ya :rockin:

A friend of mine has a cat named Mako.
First bourbon stout I brew is going to be Mako's Mark. With a big cat paw print on the label. :D

I made an Oktoberfest on the day that I was furloughed from work (the state needed to save some money), so I named it Furloughktoberfest.

-Steve

I'm making a mock maibock (Ale yeast fermented @55F) in the future and plan on calling it Mock-My-Bock.

Austin Homebrew Supply (AHS) has a good one: "Cluster Fuggles" IPA... made me laugh!

I use to live in my sisters basement where i use to brew a lot. My sister and bro in law have two little boys one is four and one is one........the four year old was getting out of the van one day when my sister accidentally slid the door shut on his finger swiftly breaking it and ripping the finger nail off....................And this bred my newist belgian ales name............Toddlers broken finger dubbel:)

I use to live in my sisters basement where i use to brew a lot. My sister and bro in law have two little boys one is four and one is one........the four year old was getting out of the van one day when my sister accidentally slid the door shut on his finger swiftly breaking it and ripping the finger nail off....................And this bred my newist belgian ales name............Toddlers broken finger dubbel:)

Jesus, man! Am I missing a pun in there or is that kind of an odd beer name?

Back on topic though, I dropped my one month old nephew on his head the other day. Sounds sad, I know, but it was just the inspiration I needed to name my latest brew: FontanAle SMaSH.

I brewed a Bee Cave Robust Porter in July but discovered at the last minute that I did not have a grain bag for the steeping grains. We used a leg off my daughter's pantyhose instead. My version of this beer is now called: ToeJam Porter. It tastes great ... with just a hint of foot powder in the finish ... :drunk:

I'm planning on a Horney Toad Ale. It will feature a Frog in a liesure suit leaning against a bar on the label.

I'm brewing something for my British Mother in Law. She likes red beers so I'm naming this St. George's Red.

Jesus, man! Am I missing a pun in there or is that kind of an odd beer name?

Back on topic though, I dropped my one month old nephew on his head the other day. Sounds sad, I know, but it was just the inspiration I needed to name my latest brew: FontanAle SMaSH.

Awesome..., and horrible.:D

my favorite I have seen on here thus far is "Kim Jong Ale, moderately hopped, completely insane".... still makes me laugh!!

Thanks for the shout out for my Kim Jong Ale. It would be nice if I could say it was completely my idea, but it was SWMBO that came up with the concept.

I made an Oktoberfest on the day that I was furloughed from work (the state needed to save some money), so I named it Furloughktoberfest.

-Steve

Furlough days. I have to deal with them as well but never thought to brew a batch. Good idea for he next one!

As for brew names, I just finished my second batch so have not thought that far yet but I will have to start.

Furlough days. I have to deal with them as well but never thought to brew a batch. Good idea for he next one!

I have more coming up, but they're right next to major holidays, so I probably won't brew on them. But if I did... I'd have to start thinking how to extend the naming theme.

Hmmm...

-Steve

Audacity of Hops, Small Pox Blanket IPA, Brother Maynard (featuring Holy Hand Grenade logo)

I think up beer names all the time...

Red Lager:
Redheaded Step-Slut
***** is on the rag
American "Heavy" Flow
Aunt Flo's Monthly Tonic
Bloody Mary's Vagina Juice

Mexican Lager:
Rio Grande: Beer worth floating to freedom for.
Fence jumping lager
Donkey Show
12 guys, 1 truck

I got an endless supply...

Red Lager:
Redheaded Step-Slut
***** is on the rag
American "Heavy" Flow
Aunt Flo's Monthly Tonic

Mexican Lager:
Fence jumping lager
Donkey Show
12 guys, 1 truck

hahahahahahaha I'm not drinking that s**t

Considering I live in the South, I plan on calling my pumpkin ale "Pump-Kin Ale"...

"If it ain't good enough for our own family, it ain't good enough for your's"

I just racked a clone of one of my favorite commercial beers, Pig's Ass Porter. I don't know if I can improve on that name.

Red Lager:
Redheaded Step-Slut
***** is on the rag
American "Heavy" Flow
Aunt Flo's Monthly Tonic

Mexican Lager:
Fence jumping lager
Donkey Show
12 guys, 1 truck

well don't share any more of them, i think i'm gonna puke, and maybe not drink beer for a week after reading that....

disgusting

Stoud's in Adamstown Pa makes Smooth Hoperator, that is a great one!

I saw someone on here had a Dead Baby Stout.....so bad...

I have the Hersey squirt stout. Buddies got a kick out of it.

Yuri_Rage said:
This message has been deleted by Yuri_Rage. Reason: the mods just champed you

Normally, I'd be a little bitter, but that's the best reason for a mod edit. But I'd still like to see that beer named topped.

Red Lager:
Redheaded Step-Slut
***** is on the rag
American "Heavy" Flow
Aunt Flo's Monthly Tonic

Mexican Lager:
Fence jumping lager
Donkey Show
12 guys, 1 truck

congrats_retard-1.jpg

Back