First lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update and huge thank you to all those who gave me advise on this brew: I am enjoying the first of many of these lagers. It came out very clear and tasty with a good balance of hop/malt! I never dreamed I could make beer this good. It's very simular to a comercial lager but only way better! I can't really explain how but wow is it good!!!:tank::mug::tank:

I'd post some picts if I was computer literate! lol

I brewed this to share at my anual Independance Day party but there is no way this will last that long!!! Oh well! Just maybe I'll get another batch perking and done just in time for the wife B-Day. lol

Thanks Progmac,

Do I rack when I'm ready for the D rest? Or wait untill after?

the Diacetyl rest is literally when yeast eats the Diacetyl. If there is no yeast present then who will eat all of that diacetyl?

all of your yeast must be present in order to get rid of Diacetyl.

the Diacetyl rest is literally when yeast eats the Diacetyl. If there is no yeast present then who will eat all of that diacetyl?

all of your yeast must be present in order to get rid of Diacetyl.
Are you sure? Have you tried it both ways? Racking a lager shortly after primary leaves a lot of yeast in suspension. Although I agree that general practice is to rack after doing the d-rest.

Latest posts

Back