If you could have any object turned into a tap handle, what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Subaru (Legacy) shift knob that is begging to be turned into a tap handle. I also have a friend that is getting into wood lathing and she is making me something. "What do you want?" "Anything."

I also have another friend that designs jewelry out of miscellaneous mechanical parts (steam punk design stuff) so I told her if she runs across anything phallic looking to grab it for me.

You can't use Brett Farve as a tap handle. There is a law or something against it.
lulz

137.jpg

I have an old 9mm that has a bullet stuck in it when ever I get around to taking it in to remove the bullet that's gonna be a new handle.

Screw all the dildo talk, give me some boobies!! The bust of a busty woman. Although SWMBO might not like it too much and my sons would like it too much.

Screw all the dildo talk, give me some boobies!! The bust of a busty woman. Although SWMBO might not like it too much and my sons would like it too much.

i must have a busy bust of a women as a tap handle that would complement the hand carved woodpecker I have already

-=jason=-

Being a geek/tech-head I am thinking of taking my Dremel to some old boards/components I have laying around then suspending them in a resin form shaped like a handle.

Sword hilt. I've got a katana, but it's hand forged and all that so I don't want to dismantle it, but it's handle would make a sweet tap handle.

alternatively, a sheathed dagger. If you need a knife for anything around the taproom, you could just pull it out.

Or....a pint of beer. You could fill it each time before using the tap.

One of these ideas is stupid, but I'm not sure which one.

Sword hilt. I've got a katana, but it's hand forged and all that so I don't want to dismantle it, but it's handle would make a sweet tap handle.

alternatively, a sheathed dagger. If you need a knife for anything around the taproom, you could just pull it out.

Or....a pint of beer. You could fill it each time before using the tap.

One of these ideas is stupid, but I'm not sure which one.

I was thinking about having a lifesized schlong cast out of that resin stuff, but my tap handle can only be about 8 inches long or it will hit stuff sitting on top of the kegerator. I don't want all my beer poured out accidentally.

I was thinking the real thing but I am still using it. :D

i must have a busy bust of a women as a tap handle that would complement the hand carved woodpecker I have already

you guys are cracking my sh*t up. Flo, busy bust and pecker, all in the same sentence... rock on garth. I dont even know what a busy bust is.

funny thing is, the first thing that came to my head was a big dildo.. but I didnt want to seem weird.. haha, :drunk:

I currently have a Lycaonian obol from 258 A.D. depicting Percius holding the severed head of Medusa, I will be putting this in a sterling silver bezel inlayed into a tap handle for my Ferryman's ale, a nod to the tradition of placing an obol on the deceased persons tongue or eyelids to pay the ferryman for the journey to the afterlife.

Im not sure what youre talking about... but it sounds cool as hell. I want one:rockin: [quickly switches over to google to look up obol]

azscoob,
heres one for you. Courtesy of wikipedia:

"According to a nurse in Eubulus' Pamphilus, for the price of an obol, one could obtain a kantharos with a chous of wine, equivalent to about six ounces (three liters).[2]"

although.. im exactly sure on what planet six ounces is equivalent to three liters... pretty sure its not this one.

either way, it always comes back to the brew :D

Ya know, I would be kinda funny to have a Coors Light tap handle on a DIPA.

I bought a friend of mine a bud light tap handle a few years ago when he had a kegerator. I don't really know why but I never gave it to him and just found it while cleaning out some stuff a few days ago and he has since moved away. I am thinking about using it on a barleywine.

A butt end should be pretty easy. Composite sticks require a wooden insert on top. Buy one of these inserts and some hockey tape and you're good to go. Any pro-shop or sporting good store that sell sells hockey gear will have this.

Back