Problem keg---anyone else run into this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewSkies

Reaction score
Hey fellas-

Thought I'd run this by the esteemed assembly. I've got a problem keg that I'm trying to figure out. Ordered it from Midwest, and it was delivered under pressure (standard). My kegging system is a mini fridge with an uncooled tower. Here's the situation:

Kegged up a blonde ale in this new keg and connected to my existing system. The lines are probably 6' connected to an externally mounted tank. I've always connected my kegs at serving pressure (13 or so psi) and let them sit for a week or two. For every other keg I use, this has worked just fine. This keg, however, puts out nothing but foam. Looking at the line, there's big pockets of air. I'm guessing there's a problem with either the dip tube or the "out" ball lock piece, but it's a different diameter than my other kegs, so I can't interchange them to diagnose the problem.

Anyone else run into something like this? I'm wondering if it's worth trying to find replacement parts or just cut my losses....

thanks!

More info:

Cleaning out the keg after this failed attempt, pushing uncarbed star-san at 4 psi causes nothing but foam, while this same setup on other kegs works fine. Any ideas?

Back