MLT with heater HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psi3000

Reaction score
I have already put a heater element into a 10 gal picnic cooler. With a Rancho thermostat and a outlet timer. I have set the termostat to 175 deg. and set the timer so that when I get home from work my water is ready for the mash.
I want to basically setup a MLT system that can do the mash by itself as well... I was thinking of just adding some steel braided hose to make it into a MLT too (as in: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/cheap-easy-10-gallon-rubbermaid-mlt-conversion-23008/). Would this scorch the wort though?
Another thought is to put a solinoid coming out of the heated cooler that could drain into the MLT at the proper time.
I have seen a couple of you crazy guys ADRENO controlled big money projects, and kudos. However, I am trying to keep this simple and under $200. Does anyone have any input on the info I have provided?

Back