LF: Solid IPA receipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roverz

Reaction score
I am looking for a Solid IPA receipe that might use some of the following ingrediants since I currently have them on hand. This is going to be my last DME batch before trying AG.

6.6 pounds of Muntons Light DME
Northern Brewer 2 oz (7.0AA%)
Goldings 8 oz (4.0AA%)
Tettnanger plugs 6 oz (4.0AA%)
Chinook 2 oz ( (13.2AA%)
Oak Chips 4 oz
CA ale Yeast (slurry)
Irish moss

Thanks in advance,

roverz said:
I am looking for a Solid IPA receipe that might use some of the following ingrediants since I currently have them on hand. This is going to be my last DME batch before trying AG.

6.6 pounds of Muntons Light DME
Northern Brewer 2 oz (7.0AA%)
Goldings 8 oz (4.0AA%)
Tettnanger plugs 6 oz (4.0AA%)
Chinook 2 oz ( (13.2AA%)
Oak Chips 4 oz
CA ale Yeast (slurry)
Irish moss

Thanks in advance,

hey roverz, try www.beertools.com. they have a recipe generator that you can use. it's a drop down menu and you can go through and pull up the ingredients you have, and it will formulate it all for you. they have it to where you can do extract, partial mash, and all-grain recipes. give it a try, it may work?

Cheers!

DeRoux's Broux

roverz said:
Added them to the original Post. Janx I think u respond to every post :)

Sad, isn't it?

The 6.6 lbs of DME will put you on the low end of the style. If you want a bigger IPA, you'll need a couple more pounds of extract.

Use one ounce of the Chinook to bitter.

Get some adjunct grains to steep. Try some crystal/caramel malt...like 20-40L. Steeping grains will make an extract beer at least twice as good. A little tiny bit of Black Patent (like a ounce) would be fun for a nice reddish color.

As far as finishing hops, go nuts. Use any and all of whatever you want in the last 15 minutes depending how much flavor/aroma you want. I'd rather use some Centennial or Cascade because I like American IPAs, but anything will do. The Tettnanger would be fairly out of style. I'd use the Northern and Goldings.

Should be a pretty good IPA...

Back