What a difference a Wort Chiller Makes! Plus 3 Brew Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
Purchased my 1st wort chiller after doing 20 batches due to money. And man what a difference, cooled the wort in 8-10 minutes compared to the hour and something I used to wait! Brewed a nut brown friday, a dunkel saturday and an amber ale today (sunday) all brews were all grain. all in all very cool brew weekend!

Cheers!

I agree to that. I remember knocking out 4 brews in one saturday afternoon. Using mine and a buddy's equipment. Without a WC there is no way we'd have been able to do that.

I don't have a chiller yet,so ice bath for me. My wife did her 1st on Saturday,I did mine yesterday. Takes about 1 1/2 small bags of ice to chill down two batches of ale. Then,my top off water was too cold. I chilled my wort down to 70F,put it in the FV. Topped it off with cold water & it went down to about 17C (about 64F). Put my fleece lined cover over my cooper's micro kit FV,& at 8:06am,I saw airlock activity from the re-hydrated ale yeast. Temp is about 19C,or 68-ish F.
If we started 1st thing in the morning,we might knock out 2 batches by evening. We need a new stove...

Back