Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect more then futility. Morse has shown early he can be that Aircraft carrier that teams have to pitch around. But its all early so who the knows. As might win the west again

punkrockdave said:
You Mariners expect to go somewhere this season?

Any team with this kind of starting pitching has a ****. That and the bats are much improved... Too bad there are so many good teams in the division. It will hurt them this year but the future ain't looking so bad.

Mariners almost blew a big lead. Well they did but finished in the tenth

Good game last years Ms would have posted that gane away before the chance of extras. Nice job by the Bartender to keep his composure with the squeezed strike zone the ump was giving.

Any body else as nauseated about the Nationals at Reds game last night as me?

uptonhere630.jpg

40 strikeouts in a game? Play at the plate to end the game? I love baseball, Tigers win, but extra inning games on the west coast suck when you live in the east. I fell asleep before the ending but thanks to dvr I saw it.

40 strikeouts in a game? Play at the plate to end the game? I love baseball, Tigers win, but extra inning games on the west coast suck when you live in the east. I fell asleep before the ending but thanks to dvr I saw it.

I made it to the end of 10. What a great pitching dual! Mad Max continues to make JV look bad. He'll have to pull up his bootstraps this afternoon. Tigers bullpen is finally improving that terrible ERA.

I made it to the end of 10. What a great pitching dual! Mad Max continues to make JV look bad. He'll have to pull up his bootstraps this afternoon. Tigers bullpen is finally improving that terrible ERA.

Yeah it's a great feeling when Verlander, the "best pitcher in baseball" is the third best pitcher on your team.

Playing the Mariners is a great way to lower your ERA...

Playing the Mariners is a great way to lower your ERA...

Well, you guys got it done yesterday to avoid the sweep. I know it can suck watching your team flounder. The Tigers had their worst season ever just a few years ago before ownership started throwing money at the problem. Since our current team won't be around forever I am watching every game I have time for this season.

13-2

I think what's most impressive about the win total for the Braves is they're at the point in the season where there's no team that's like 2-13. Now the Marlins aren't far from that (3-13) but at least for a few days it's awesome to enjoy that.

Another fun one that won't last, the Braves have hit 29 homers, and allowed 29 Earned runs.

committed some time to watch the Mariners last night. I can't handle another miserable season; it's just too painful.

I watched Anibal Sanchez throw tonight. He may have moved Justin Verlander down to the 4th best pitcher on the team. I feel sorry for Rick Porcello who has to pitch tomorrow. After the talented Braves had to deal with that nastiness today, (17 K's) Porcello pitches will look like beach balls coming in.

I watched Anibal Sanchez throw tonight. He may have moved Justin Verlander down to the 4th best pitcher on the team. I feel sorry for Rick Porcello who has to pitch tomorrow. After the talented Braves had to deal with that nastiness today, (17 K's) Porcello pitches will look like beach balls coming in.

Leyland needs to switch Porcello out of the rotation!!!

Leyland needs to switch Porcello out of the rotation!!!

Well that could happen in the future, But I doubt today's game will be the final straw for Porcello as the 5th starter. In order to get anything for him in trade the Tigers will work on him.

Porcello remains the weakest link in Detroit's starting pitchers. It's easy to jump on the Smyly bandwagon but he had some trouble down the stretch last season, if I remember correctly. I think that spending time around guys like Max, JV, Sanchez, and Fister will help to elevate Rick's game. He looked a lot better against the Braves this weekend.

Speaking of which, this was a HUGE series! Helps to calm the nerves to see the bats getting hot again.

Porcello remains the weakest link in Detroit's starting pitchers. It's easy to jump on the Smyly bandwagon but he had some trouble down the stretch last season, if I remember correctly. I think that spending time around guys like Max, JV, Sanchez, and Fister will help to elevate Rick's game. He looked a lot better against the Braves this weekend.

Speaking of which, this was a HUGE series! Helps to calm the nerves to see the bats getting hot again.

True, I definitely know that Smyly is not the final answer. At the end of the day they need to be looking for a trade to fill the gaps.

Back