muntons extra light dry malt extract for ABV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbaz

Reaction score
I bought a kg do this stuff(muntons extra light dry malt extract for ABV) in order to up a "The Brew House" Kit ABV from 4.5 to 5.5 or 6% . How much would I add in addition to the kits sugar and how to add it? I also bought 2 # of raspberries to primary with it.
Also if it matteres im garbage the dry yeast and bought wYeast 3036 WW liquid.

Welcome to HBT. You would want to add the dme to your boil. I would substitute the amount of the sugar that the recipe calls for or more for the dme.

1 lb of extract will add almost 1 percent ABV to 5 gallons of beer. Don't forget though that it will change the hop:malt profile too. You might want to throw in a few extra hops to compensate.

As to when: assuming you are doing a 1 hour boil; add it in the last 15 mins or so.

EDIT: also, don't people normally add fruit to the secondary, not the primary? I don't make fruit beer though, so don't ask me.

no boil, is all in a beginner kit just add water ,ph balance,yeast, i bought the DME for some extra % .
thanks for the help, 1 pound of DME is about how many cups ( i don't have a scale)
also use right out the pack? does it need to be sterilized?

Back