Where did you get your propane tank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arover

Reaction score
I really don't want to pay 40 bucks for a propane cylinder...The easiest place I know to buy one is Blue Rhino, but I don't want to be limited to where I fill the tank. No one seems to be selling tanks on Craigslist...at all...for the past few weeks...So I'm wondering, where'd you guys get yours? Is there a good place online to order one?

I need to be able to use this turkey fryer, damn it!

Thx =)

I have 4 tanks, two came with grills I have bought, one came from Lowes on sale for 24 dollars, and the last one a neighbor gave me when he moved out. I fill them at a place locally, costs me 12 dollars per tank last time I filled them

Well, I don' tknow where to get one cheap, but after you have one, don't pay anyone an exchange rate... find a place that refills (I know this is common but some do not know). Exchange rate around here = $35 - $40; Ace Hardware = ~$18

Yarrrr....I think I'll go check Costco tomorrow. I heard they sell em'. I know there are a ton of people out there with tanks sitting in their garage, waiting to be given away. I would like one! :p

Costco's are great. I don't recall how much they go for, but they do have a little gauge that gives you a rough idea of how much propane is left.

...The easiest place I know to buy one is Blue Rhino, but I don't want to be limited to where I fill the tank.

Just FYI, even with Blue Rhino you aren't limited. The tank is yours and you can exchange if you want or take it to a gas station to get refilled. Your choice.

Just FYI, even with Blue Rhino you aren't limited. The tank is yours and you can exchange if you want or take it to a gas station to get refilled. Your choice.

Most of the Blue Rhino's you can refill anywhere but some have a special valve that cant be filled by just anybody. The non refill-ables have a triangle on the valve body to identify them. Blue Rhino took a lot of PR flak when they tried to sneak them into their stock a couple of years ago.

I got mine at costco for ~$25, but I think they only carry them seasonally.. You can check, but I doubt they'd have them now.

If you have an RV salvage yard in the area, many tent trailers and small travel trailers use #20 bottles.

craigslist? locally I see three for around $20. Or $15 if you take a grill you don't want with it.

Back