• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sixtel keg Philadelphia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoundForBeer

Reaction score
I have a sixtel with the spear takin out. It was used as a bright tank. Not in use anymore and need the room $30 takes it away. I am not looking to ship this so please local only.

IMG_08922.JPG

IMG_08931.JPG

If you will please return our keg to a distributor, we can pay you a finders fee. I'm not sure how you acquired our keg, but there are no legitimate resellers of MicroStar kegs, so you are in possession of, and are trying to sell, stolen property. If you need a list of distributors in your area, please call 800-245-2200 and ask to speak with someone in Traffic.

How can it be positively identified as a microstar keg? Those pictures are a bit grainy to read anything.

Please please please be the best practical joke on HBT ever!

If not, can I get a few scratch and dents Micro Star?

If you will please return our keg to a distributor, we can pay you a finders fee. I'm not sure how you acquired our keg, but there are no legitimate resellers of MicroStar kegs, so you are in possession of, and are trying to sell, stolen property. If you need a list of distributors in your area, please call 800-245-2200 and ask to speak with someone in Traffic.
I thought we already went over this on another thread. If someone pays a deposit on a keg and opts not to return it, that not stealing. If the deposit doesn't cover the cost of the keg, that's the distributors issue, not the customer. I am not saying its right to keep and do whatever with the keg, I'm just saying he is well within his rights.

Are there really companies policing this site for "stolen" kegs...I can give you a list as long as my arm of scrap yards that buy these "stolen kegs maybe you should go raid their yard.

I don't know why everyone gets so weird about kegs. if the deposit doesn't cover the cost of replacement then charge more.

criminalizing it ain't gonna work.

I don't know why everyone gets so weird about kegs. if the deposit doesn't cover the cost of replacement then charge more.

criminalizing it ain't gonna work.

You're not buying the keg, you're buying the contents. I don't get to keep the dump truck used to deliver my load of top soil either.

Your paying a deposit if you want your deposit you bring it back. If they were concerned about getting it back they would take you info and ask for a credit card like when you rent anything .

I have never purchased topsoil before, but do you pay a deposit for the truck? Do they let you drive the truck home, or do they drop the dirt off for you? I bought some mulch before and had to rent the trailer. If I didn't return the trailer, I would have been charged the replacement cost.

So in that case, if I wanted a new trailer, just don't return it and be charged the cost. It would not be illegal, just part of the contract. Now they would most likely charge you more than it would cost you to just go out and buy one on your own, but it wouldn't be illegal.

rellot said:
I have never purchased topsoil before, but do you pay a deposit for the truck? Do they let you drive the truck home, or do they drop the dirt off for you? I bought some mulch before and had to rent the trailer. If I didn't return the trailer, I would have been charged the replacement cost.

So in that case, if I wanted a new trailer, just don't return it and be charged the cost. It would not be illegal, just part of the contract. Now they would most likely charge you more than it would cost you to just go out and buy one on your own, but it wouldn't be illegal.

I like using analogies.

Let's say I have some beer vessels that are labeled Miller or AB. I purchased beer and it came in the vessels. There is no contract like your rental situation. No written agreements. I pay. I walk out of the retailer with the product. What did I pay for? Only the liquids? The container?

Does it matter if I paid a deposit? Does it matter what size the containers are? 12 oz cans? Bottles? Kegs?

I think the analogy of a beer can is closer to the heart of the matter than a dump truck.

no, no, you didn't buy that bottle! You paid a deposit on that bottle (depending on your state) and you are a criminal if you don't return it.

As in many states that charge a deposit for bottled and canned beverages, if you don't return the bottle you lose your deposit.

Same with purchasing milk from local dairies.

The purpose of the deposit is too incentivize the return.

Is keeping the dairy bottle or keg the polite thing to do? No.

But it is perfectly legal.

Cheers!

Back