smashing a brit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defenestrate

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
first smash and first AG, i think i finally decided.

12 # marris otter
challenger- .5 @60, .5 @20 and .5 @5.
white labs british ale

thinking about a little dry-hopping too...

:tank:

Check the classifieds, a member here is selling 2007 Challenger pellets by the lb. Just got mine in yesterday and they look superb.

I'm surprised Laughing_Gnome hasn't posted to this thread yet given the title. Perhaps he's just hungover. :drunk:

:D

Looks good to me. I would stuff my pillow with MO. It's a great malt.
Me too. I thought the OP wanted to beat Orfy and Gnome silly.
Finding out it was just about beer was disappointing.:D

I'm surprised Laughing_Gnome hasn't posted to this thread yet given the title. Perhaps he's just hungover. :drunk:

:D

Looks good to me. I would stuff my pillow with MO. It's a great malt.

I coulda made a post earlier, but I am making a concerted effort to stay on topic in beer forums. :)

I woulda gone with Fuggles myself, but man, I am so biased towards Fuggles. :cross:

I woulda gone with Fuggles myself, but man, I am so biased towards Fuggles. :cross:

I like fuggles (or the descendant willamette) as long as they aren't used for 5 minute additions or dry hopping. I can't stand the grassy aroma... but that's just me. The flavor of fuggles is wonderful, even in an APA. I've seen several brewers mixing C hops and willamette which is very close to domestic fuggles.

i feel foreign in my own thread :drunk:
anyways, i hope it turns out well, this will be my first AG as well so im going to try to post up pics of my process...
heres to smashing :mug:

Smashing, baby, yeah! :D

Seriously, Maris Otter, my favorite pale malt, and Willamette, my favorite domestic variety (probably because they're, well, Fuggles).

Enjoy!

Bob

:off:

where are you in jersey? im not familiar with that town...im in SJ

In bucolic western NJ, north of Trenton. [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sergeantsville+nj&ie=UTF8&ll=40.442244,-74.943237&spn=0.284283,0.617981&z=11&g=sergeantsville+nj"]Have a look[/ame]!

AnOldUR, how many times a week do you visit the Ship Inn?

Bob

havent made it yet-i was shopping around for grains and hops and such and found a user selling the challenger hops-i didnt want to sub. i ordered the grains today so hopefully i'll be able to do it by the end of this week...so i lied, maybe more than a month

Where are you guys getting your MO malt? It is INCREDIBLY expensive everywhere I try to get it lately.

Where are you guys getting your MO malt? It is INCREDIBLY expensive everywhere I try to get it lately.

Grape and Granary for me...I don't know what INCREDIBLY expensive is but they charge $69 for 55lbs or $1.75 per lbs. By comparison there 2-row is $1.50/lbs.

I usually pay $89 for 55# shipped.

That's a lot when I can get 55# Canadian 2-row for $49 shipped.

Back