I'm hooked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhatsOnTap

Reaction score
This site is AWESOME, but the downfall is I get so fired up to brew after I'm on here I can't stop brewing! I'm on my 3rd batch in 3 weeks and I don't see myself slowing down anytime soon... It doesn't help that my first batch (english pale ale) tastes great already after bottle conditioning for only 2 weeks. Somehow I managed to save out 29 pints of it (but I had to put it down in my crawl space so I can't get at them). Is there any known cure for my new addiction or should I just run with it until I have to hit the brew-aholics anonymous website instead?:cross:

WhatsOnTap said:
This site is AWESOME, but the downfall is I get so fired up to brew after I'm on here I can't stop brewing! I'm on my 3rd batch in 3 weeks and I don't see myself slowing down anytime soon... It doesn't help that my first batch (english pale ale) tastes great already after bottle conditioning for only 2 weeks. Somehow I managed to save out 29 pints of it (but I had to put it down in my crawl space so I can't get at them). Is there any known cure for my new addiction or should I just run with it until I have to hit the brew-aholics anonymous website instead?:cross:

just run with it. we'll save you a seat! :drunk:

welcome to the addic...i, er.... forum. :D

keep on brew'n as long as you have room and a liver that can hanlde it. a few brew bud's help keep rotating stock fresh too.....

I have already been thinking about this... I bought my dad a brewer's kit so he could get into my infatu... I mean hobby with me, but the problem is I needed a secondary and the only bucket I had was in his kit so I used that too. He might be getting a hoppy bucket for his b-day! I'm in deep man... As far as the ol' liver - IRON TANK BABY!

WhatsOnTap said:
Is there any known cure for my new addiction or should I just run with it until I have to hit the brew-aholics anonymous website instead?:cross:
There used to be a guy named Bobbit that hung around here a lot...seems like I heard his wife figured out a way to cure him. :eek:

You guys... come on. You've seen the light, and you call it a disease?
Your minds are properly focused, your energies bent on this tiny cosmos of yeast and sugar-water... you are yeast-Gods.

If more of the world focused more on homebrewing, there would be no wars... only parties. And the farmer would be revered. The Bringer of the Barley.

Yea, we are making the world a better place, one bottle at a time.

You will be assimilated.

Thank you guys for such a warm welcome, I feel proud to be part of the Homebrewer's Revolution! Keep your airlocks bubbling and your cellars full!

Oh I understand whats going on here.... I got a brew kit from my mom for christmas and its the best present I have. I am on my second batch now and am thinking about getting another carboy to start again. Its not just the cheap beer that has me going, I just find it really enjoyable brewing. I have got quite a bit of friends into it too lol. This site is great for people like us.

Keep storing your ale in the crawl space. At some point you will not be able to get into the space due to excess consumption. Since you can't get into the space, your consumption will go down. Eventually, you'll be able to get into the crawl space. Your consumption will go up ...

david_42 said:
Keep storing your ale in the crawl space. At some point you will not be able to get into the space due to excess consumption. Since you can't get into the space, your consumption will go down. Eventually, you'll be able to get into the crawl space. Your consumption will go up ...

What if I get stuck IN the crawlspace? Hey, I never thought they might call it a "crawl" space for that reason. I got home that way from college keggers a couple times...

WhatsOnTap said:

Welcome to the addication!!:D

Only three batches in 3 weeks? You must be tied down to your job or something. I was doing 2 batches a week. But have done 6 batches since New Years. But you should get your production up to speed soon.

Okay, I'm confused, you act like getting stuck in the crawlspace is a bad thing in one sentence, then in the next you say that's where all the beer is. Straighten me out! ;)

Genghis77 said:
Only three batches in 3 weeks? You must be tied down to your job or something. I was doing 2 batches a week. But have done 6 batches since New Years. But you should get your production up to speed soon.

Man, you are a brewing machine, if you were in front of me I would be bowing in respect!!!! You must not work or have kids.. Like right now I am getting ready to go to a wrestling tournament that is going to last all day:cross:, so much for brewing today.

Ran out of home brew right after the first of the year. So, going full tilt and utilizing all my primaries and carboys to get a big supply. Been drinking Lagunitas IPA , very good, till I have something ready again. Bottled two batches on Monday, results are still a week away.:)

Back