Caramel Cream and Random Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some pics of the Caramel Cream I brewed yesterday and a few other randoms...

CCA Fermenting:
13719-CCAFerment001.jpg

PB Stout in Seondary:
13719-PBstoutinsecondary.jpg

90min IPA Clone in Secondary:
13719-90minIPASecondary.jpg

What former brew pots do in retirement:
13719-Chili001.jpg

That's chili by the way.

Melana said:
Wow, that's a lot of Chili!

Yeah. One was for my wife's Aunt and Uncle and their family (4 kids, plus the uncle's father). Aunt is in the hospital and may be for some time. Trying to help them out a little.

Cheesefood said:
CCA looks spot on. Just remember to underuse the vanilla at first and adjust up to get it to taste.
Yeah. I've started with 2oz at 15mns of the boil. I'll add if needed at kegging time. SWMBO was a little worried about this recipe so I don't want to go too crazy just yet.

Ó Flannagáin said:
The key is to make a TON at once.
I find that with Chili, as with beer, it often benefits from a little aging! Always seems better a few days latter.

homebrewer_99 said:
Are your carboys in a parking garage? And why is the one carrying a tote bag? Is it going on vacation?

HA...no, they are in my basement. Since I have two windows in my basement I wrap them in blankets to keep out the light and to keep them warm. The one you mentioned actually has a never used horse blanket around it. That's why there are straps. SWMBO used to ride and has tons of blankets that were never used but she held on to.

Back