Sad Day In AZ Brewing History

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The City of Tempe siezed the property via eminent domain in order to erect a Marriott.

Wild

Well I am positive with the Arizona Cardinals over in Glendale now it took a huge hit. I'm taking a class at ASU for fun and spoke to the gate attendant in my parking area. He states "the amount of money we've lost with the move is amazing". I know the Cards brought in a good chunk of change for tempe business. I guess missing 10 games for the 2nd closest bar to the stadium (5 min walk) was too much.

This is just my interpretation by the way, nothing officially stated.

They had awesome brats on game day and New Castle just seemed to go so well with 'em. I'll miss going there for ASU games, it was a tradition for us.

AzAdrian said:
I know the Cards brought in a good chunk of change for tempe business. I guess missing 10 games for the 2nd closest bar to the stadium (5 min walk) was too much.

I'm not buying it. Bandersnatch has been closed for a while now, before the Cardinals moved. I think the hit to Tempe business is WAY overblown. There are literaly 30,000 (Or was it 50,000?) people who work and got to school at ASU.

My favorite brewpub in the area is definitely Four Peaks, and that place has just been getting busier and busier with every passing year.

Still, Bandersnatch will be (and already has been for some time) sorely missed.

Back