Does this look normal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ply318ci

Reaction score
This is a pale ale I am making. I have been dry hopping it for a week with Nelson Sauvon hops in pellet form. I have been on vacation all last week and when I got home this is what it looked like also the bottom of the lid was covered in condensation. While I was gone the temps in the house fluctuated from about 50-70 for the whole week. It had been fermenting for a week before I left and dry hopped it (15 days total). So am I good to go I got it cold crashing now to bottle it in a few days or should I take it out of the fridge and let it warm up thanks.

image-2267920662.jpg

Sweet thanks I feel better now will report back in a few weeks as to how it it tastes.

Thanks I hate having a white bucket I can't see what is going on but it is all I got to do two gallons oh well thanks for the help. It is now cold crashing to prepare it for bottling in a few days.

Sorry for the noob question but what does cold crashing mean?

Lowering the temp to near-freezing for a day or two. Causes yeast, break materials, proteins, etc., to drop out of the beer, leaving you with clearer beer. Not necessary by any means, just helps with clearing.

Search for more info!

Yeah I have only cold crashed once before and didn't notice to much of a difference I am doing it now hoping the floating hop pieces will sink down.

Try mixing up some clear pectin. (it's like clear jello). About half a cup or less. Should grab any particles and settle at the bottom. So. I've heard anyway

I have thought of that but I have heard it can make carbonation take longer since it drops the yeast out as well. Not saying it won't carbonate just takes longer and I am not very patient :). Will post pics on Wednesday when I bottle.

True. Waiting won't hurt u. LoL. Ur patience will be rewarded with great and CLEAR beer.. LoL

Sweet. That is what I want if it comes out good I might make this a house beer 90% two row and 10% crystal 60L and Nelson sauvin hops in the boil and dry hopped as well. Smells like I think the garden of Eden must have smelled like perfection.

Back