Miller/Coors $10 marketing surveys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krebs119

Reaction score
Does anyone else get these in their inbox? I don't remember how or when, but a while back I signed up for these and about once a month I get an email from them to take a survey. They say they will send me $10 if I complete the survey and if I'm part of their target audience. I've taken the survey every time but never received a dollar.

Usually around the 4th page of questions they ask "which of the following beers have you had in the past month at home/a bar/a friends house" and they have this long list of beers.... I answer truthfully (usually just sam adams, saranac, sierra nevada, local microbrew, and "other") and when I click next they usually say "thanks, but you're not part of who we are trying to survey...." Part of me wants to lie and take their money - they have shown me time and time again that I'm not a part of their audience. But part of me wants to keep showing them that I don't drink their beer, and that its worth more than their $10 to me...

It takes until page 4 before they determine you are not who they want to survey?

That still probably gives them a lot of data to use, and what style/brand of beer it correlates to before they say "you don't get the money".

I wonder if they every pay out any money or if everybody ends up in the "wrong" class.

Maybe you should try to figure out what class of beer drinker they are looking for just to see if you can get the $10, then go back to being honest.

Well the first few pages are usually:

Capcha
What is your birthdate?
How many beers do you drink in a week?

I'm pretty confident they are looking for a BMC drinker..... On their beer list they have just about every BMC brand listed out (Bud, Bud light, Bud Light lime, Coors, Coors Banquet, MGD, Miller Lite, Miller High Life, etc...) and then they'll have a lot of the larger imported beers (Heinekin, Grolsh, Red Stripe, Corona, etc..) but they don't list out many of the beers that I drink. For example, they have about 5 sam adams listed, but not anywhere near their full lineup. They don't list Stone or Dogfish or the likes of that.

So my picks are usually that I drink about 12 beers per week, and I choose a few Sam Adams, Saranac, Sierra Nevada, maybe one or two others, then click next and FAIL. No $10 for you... On occasion I've chosen 1 or 2 BMC beers on my list, along with say, Corona, but still nada....

So they've learned my age, how often I drink, and maybe 5 beers that I like. I'm sure this is worth something to them, but I know that survey has to got to be longer than that...

Sounds like a scam to me. First they collect 4 pages of information, and then they say they don't like you because you don't drink BMC beer? What a crock.

I'd be interested in filling out the survey as if I were a BMC drinker to see if they would send out the $10 then. I bet they haven't sent out a dime :)

This is standard market research. You have to screen people to see if they qualify for the survey. If so, they can do the 'long' survey. No $10 if you terminate on page 4.

Back