Wisconsin doubling beer tax per barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
From $1 to $2 per barrel - first raise in 40 years. This is goign to raise the cost of a six pack ANOTHER 3 cents - WHERE WILL IT END.

Anybody hear how Oregon is doing? They want to raise theirs to $47 a barrel.

There was a big hearing on the 23rd. The session was jammed, but nothing has been decided. "Supporters of the bill say at less than a penny a drink" Let's see, $47/barrel, 31.5 gallons per beer barrel. Eight pints per gallon ... Yah, 18.65 cents/pint = a penny per drink.

Must be that New Math.

From $1 to $2 per barrel - first raise in 40 years. This is goign to raise the cost of a six pack ANOTHER 3 cents - WHERE WILL IT END.

Anybody hear how Oregon is doing? They want to raise theirs to $47 a barrel.

I've lived my whole life in wisconsin and did not relize it was this cheap.:rockin:

When I was exploring selling beer I got all the documents and saw it was $1 - I was goign to make 1 barrel a week at a cost of $1. The fed never got back to me.

There was a big hearing on the 23rd. The session was jammed, but nothing has been decided. "Supporters of the bill say at less than a penny a drink" Let's see, $47/barrel, 31.5 gallons per beer barrel. Eight pints per gallon ... Yah, 18.65 cents/pint = a penny per drink.

Must be that New Math.

Are there 18.5 drinks in a pint?

:D

I work in news and we've asked some legislatures about this. Many say it won't pass because this is WI and people love their beer. But seriously it's $0.03/beer. If it'll help our economy, then good for us! I think it'll be more of an initial bruise on the smaller breweries who will have to face up front cost before taking it to the consumers.

Must be that New Math.

no you got it wrong. A drink consist of a sip

Latest posts

Back