What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petey_c said:
Wes, Is that the lower alcohol Maker's Mark in the background?

Makers put out a statement the other day stating they were changing production back to the original ABV immediately.

petey_c said:
Wes, Is that the lower alcohol Maker's Mark in the background?

No, I've had that for a while. What's interesting is I received an email from Makers the other day saying they have reversed their decision to water down their product. I think it was the right decision to abandon that idea.

Unpacked a trade from Alan H and installed taps in my new upright fridge/kegerator. Thanks for the great brews Alan... And now it time for a beer!

ForumRunner_20130218_181145.jpg

LoloMT7 said:
Unpacked a trade from Alan H and installed taps in my new upright fridge/kegerator. Thanks for the great brews Alan... And now it time for a beer!

Southern tier unearthly is delicious

Some research for conjuring up something for a German pale ale soon: Thinking a kolsh/Hells/Dortmund base. German pale malt,kolsh malt maybe pils and wheat.German hops/kolsh yeast. Sounds like a start to me.

innstadt.jpg

Was treated by my fiancee to a total sloshing at Odd Side Ales because due to earlier errands we couldnt make it to LHBS. Started with two flights of 6 beers each went on to have full pints of Citra PA, Beanflicker Blonde (ridiculous) and Bourbon Barrel Aged Citra PA(x3) Plus left with 2 growlers worth

facebook_1405218058.jpg

By the board you get the jist of the Odd Side name. They will start bottling this summer.

ForumRunner_20130218_205607.jpg

The rest of a bomber of Alesmiths My Bloody Valentine. Pretty inspiring beer. Probably my favorate style as well.

A 6.6% Pliny attempt.My 1.057-1.006 was hardly 1.07-1.011. I can just imagine how good that gravity would be.So to me malts/hops seem a bit more intensified/sweet than what the actual beer from what I remember,but this is still a damn good hopmonster ipa I never brewed. My IBU's raked in at 282 on a brew calc.But apparantly small batch brewing cannot acheive this,but going by taste I would say Im spot on with 90'ish ibus. It drinks like a hopslam/hoptimum also at this point and its not even hitting 7%? I subbed a very little oats/biscuit for the carapils as well. But very nice head retention. A good amout of sweetness for such a low finish and only 5% crystal malts. Very happy with this ipa nonetheless.

Ericbme said:
2 year old Jolly P-Oro de Calabaza while bottling my pale ale...

How was the carbonation? Last one on those I opened almost got beer on the ceiling!

TNGabe said:
How was the carbonation? Last one on those I opened almost got beer on the ceiling!

That's funny. The only JP beer I've ever had was Oro de Calabaza and there was basically no carbonation in it. Since it was the only one I've ever had from them, I don't know if my experience was typical or not.

The carb was fairly aggressive on the first pour...after warming, the second had a 1 finger head. Love the sours!

Back