skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I started a batch of skeeter pee 3 days ago. pitched a slurry from a plum wine and nothing is happening ( no visible ferment and the gravity hasn't budged.) I just pitched a packet of champagne yeast but I think it may be a lost cause.

I started a batch of skeeter pee 3 days ago. pitched a slurry from a plum wine and nothing is happening ( no visible ferment and the gravity hasn't budged.) I just pitched a packet of champagne yeast but I think it may be a lost cause.
Never a lost cause! Just give your new yeast time to settle in and take up housekeepin'...... Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like Revvy..:)

did u aerate?

like crazy.... the new yeast seems to have taken right off or MAYBE I didn't wait quite long enough on the slurry. either way it SOUNDS as if there is activity finally.. I will take a gravity reading in a couple of days and see what that says.

That a pretty acidic concoction you have going there. You can't blame the yeast for needing a little time to regroup and get to work.

That a pretty acidic concoction you have going there. You can't blame the yeast for needing a little time to regroup and get to work.

yeah but I thought 3 days was plenty.. I shoulda waited a few more hours. I can put my ear over the bucket and can hear it "foaming" now.Hope I didn't over do the yeast by pitching the extra.

definitely fermenting now. SG has dropped 10 points almost instantly it seems.

Back