"5 Beers in 1 Huge Glass" idiots in advertising

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madewithchicken

Reaction score
I know for some of the people here there no ads. But for the rest of us who don't have a premium membership we are subjected to crappy ads. The ebay ones are an okay idea. If the thread is about conicals then the ads usually is too.

The most stupid one is:

5 Beers in 1 Huge Glass
Giant Beer Glass holds 60 oz. Only $11.95. Word.

My favorite part is the "Word." at the end.

Assuming you regularly drink 5 beers a night, would anyone want this for anything other than the frat house novelty?

Unless you are power drinking your beer would be flat and warm by the time you got to ounces 39 through 60.

Has anyone ever clicked this ad on purpose?

Just FYI the ad that appears for this thread is the one you mention, presumably because you mentioned it :p

I know for some of the people here there no ads. But for the rest of us who don't have a premium membership we are subjected to crappy ads. The ebay ones are an okay idea. If the thread is about conicals then the ads usually is too.

The most stupid one is:

5 Beers in 1 Huge Glass
Giant Beer Glass holds 60 oz. Only $11.95. Word.

My favorite part is the "Word." at the end.

Assuming you regularly drink 5 beers a night, would anyone want this for anything other than the frat house novelty?

Unless you are power drinking your beer would be flat and warm by the time you got to ounces 39 through 60.

Has anyone ever clicked this ad on purpose?

I clicked it.... in hopes that the click through rate for the site helps support HBT. However I think the ad(or rather the idea of) for the chuggler is more stupid. That said I'll tolerate a lot for the sites I want to support. Even though I have ad block plus installed I have HBT whitelisted so I see the ads and I follow them occasionally, I consider it my duty to HBT.

I clicked it.... in hopes that the click through rate for the site helps support HBT. However I think the ad(or rather the idea of) for the chuggler is more stupid. That said I'll tolerate a lot for the sites I want to support. Even though I have ad block plus installed I have HBT whitelisted so I see the ads and I follow them occasionally, I consider it my duty to HBT.

what do you have against chugglers? i have a few of them .... good times.

Hummm I don't adblock on HBT but I still don't see ads...

There must be a premium reason why I don't see those ads.....

:confused:

:D

I was going to mention this ad but didn't want to shoot HBT in the foot. But I just wonder about the marketing genius that would think that this would be a good item for HBT'ers.

It's like Instant Coffee ads on a website for coffee fanatics.

I've had 5 beers in a night before but they were probably 3 -4 hours apart.

Yum, those last few ounces must be just delicious.

Word.

I was going to mention this ad but didn't want to shoot HBT in the foot. But I just wonder about the marketing genius that would think that this would be a good item for HBT'ers.

The ads are generated based on the content of the page. Keywords are picked up and ads are chosen automatically.

I use a 1L mug quite regularly. I wouldn't mind having a 1/2 gal mug. Shush to all you nay-sayers.

I have a liter martini glass that I used to use in college.

I could drink a liter of beer in one glass. I like room temp beer. a liter of martini though? yeah, I really don't think I could do that.

Why buy a big ass glass when you can just do a beer bong? I love beer bonging 5 homebrews at once. It's the only way to drink. :mug:

I never saw the point of beer bonging. If you want to get drunk that fast why not just drink hard liquor?

(I assume steinsato is being facetious here cause I can't imagine bonging homebrew, part of the point of binging being to avoid tasting the brew)

I'm still trying to figure out yards though, which seem to be popular among home brewers, or at least they were among my dad's generation of home brewers where I grew up.

I'd get one. I got a large big mug the other day looks to be 36oz one. I'd be okay with moving up. I love stouts and I don't mind them little warmer so no worries.

I'm gonna get a 2L boot.

I never saw the point of beer bonging. If you want to get drunk that fast why not just drink hard liquor?

(I assume steinsato is being facetious here cause I can't imagine bonging homebrew, part of the point of binging being to avoid tasting the brew)

I'm still trying to figure out yards though, which seem to be popular among home brewers, or at least they were among my dad's generation of home brewers where I grew up.

hmmmmmm I'm gonna say, FUN!!!!!!!!!!

On the Ads side of the house I didn't turn them off. I did get a membership and I get less Ads but it's not necessary as I know the ads support the site. So Tx if your listening, hint most of us don't mind them I bet.

I just found my Hoffbrauhaus 1L stein the other day. I got it in Munich and it's been lost through a couple moves. It has a great pewter lid that keeps my beer nice and cold. I think it will be my beer vessel of choice from now on. It did make me take a mental step back and think about the fact that if I filled it I would be drinking half a 2-liter of soda equivalent of beer. It looks like this.

m103.jpg

I own several 38oz mugs and one 2L boot. Yes, when I get my keezer built, I will drink out of them on occasion.

The 38oz mugs are from the local Movie Tavern. Cheap to fill up. You get matinee pricing all day through the week by bringing it in. The drawback? Sometimes I have three beers and don't remember how the movie ends ;)

The 2L boot was from a Warsteiner promo. It was like 30 bucks full of beer. Not a bad deal, really...

Or you could just fork over $25 a year to support HBT. I'd be willing to bet that premium memberships bring in WAAAY more money to the house than people clicking on ads for a couple pennies here and there.

Plus you would get the see the real motivational poster thread.

I used adblock on Mozilla and didn't get any ads. But even with IE you can go and block content from the ad site.

Or you could just fork over $25 a year to support HBT. I'd be willing to bet that premium memberships bring in WAAAY more money to the house than people clicking on ads for a couple pennies here and there.

Plus you would get the see the real motivational poster thread.

You know you are replying to a 33 month old post!

Latest posts

Back