2ndary question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GABrewboy

Reaction score
If I am making a nice nut brown tomorrow, does it need to go to 2ndary after fermentation is complete or can I just go straight to bottling since it is a darker beer any ways? The name is going to be " Toilet Bowl Brown Ale " :ban:

Um, I don't think I'm going to ask why you named your beer after turd stains, but...

Anyway, secondary is not only for clarifying. I've aged stouts, blacker-than-night stouts, in secondary for a couple months. It helps not only to settle excess solids out of the beer, but also, it improves the quality of the beer to age it in carboy prior to bottling. The only thing I think should or can be bottled early are hefewiezens.

Well the name came from.....who knows! Had a couple of Martini's last night before I put my recipe together and toilet bowl brown sounded pretty funny....still does as a matter of fact...might keep my neighbors from drinking it if it turns out to be outstanding......:D

Okay, I will put in 2ndary for a couple of weeks then as well...just wasn't sure on this type of brew if it needed to be 2ndary or not. Thanks

Latest posts

Back