1st Annual Homebrewtalk.com Pay it Forward thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmoney1224

Reaction score
Members offer the items they don’t need or aren't using anymore to give to another member. In addition, after members are selected to get something they are encouraged to pay it forward by offering up items they have that they don't need anymore.

Alright, now for the rules.

1) You can give as much as you want, but the giver always pays the shipping. The receiver can offer to pay shipping, but is not obligated.

2) You can only pick one item. If the giver has multiple items it is up to his/her discretion whether they want the items to go to one or more people. If you request an item but don’t get it you can try for another item.

3) No request for items. This is just stuff that we are not using and hopefully can go to a good home.

4) You can only request the item in a reply post. No PM's or emails. Just post in this thread and the giver will PM you and ask for your address. The first person to post about the item gets it.

5) NO beer/wine/mead/cider giveaways. This is not a trading thread, this is strictly for homebrew items and equipment.

6) Once your item is gone, please edit your post with who it went to. In bold put the name of who the item has gone to at that it is "GONE".

I can start it off

GONE - Gosassin

I've got one bottle corker and one "The art of makine wine" book. Can send them to one person or two seperate.

winecork.jpg

I'm interested in the corker.

It is a corker and not a capper, right?

Edit: At work, can't see the pic, sorry.

I'm guessing so, I've never used it. It says you just put the cork in the slot and push down. Just say the word and its yours.

Well he technically didn't "say it".......so I will. I want the corker :D but McKBrew still has first dibs.

I think that this is a really cool idea. For those of us without gear that we can part with, would membership donations be acceptable? Or even AHA memberships or BYO subscriptions?

How about one of these:
Gone!
On its way to the Brew-Happy Home
(Any way I can stuff my wifes Jack Russell in that box?)

My wife picked up a bench capper at a yard sale.
This thing is just collecting dust.

I have a stainless steel wort chiller that someone sent me a long time ago but that I've never used. Built my own out of copper, and it's not really designed to go in a keggle unless you can re-bend the tubing so that it doesn't point downward. If I remember, I'll post a pic tonight, but since it was a gift I'm not planning to use, I'll offer it up to whoever wants it.

I have to go home and look through my stuff to see what I can donate towards this.

I'll take the chiller if the 2 ahead of me end up passing. Will is fit in a standard 5 gallon fermenting bucket?

Slim shot but if the others fall through I'm interested in the Stainless Chiller...

wish I would have logged on 15min earlier!

GONE-- Orangevango I have two pounds of very 'cheesy' whole leaf Hallertau, perfect for a lambic.

GONE -- YooperBrew The pump to an aeration kit, used twice. (i've already pressed the airstone into service in a cobbled together oxygen set up)

BOTH GONE- OhioGuy, shecky Two extra HBT pint glasses. As much glassware as I have, I'm better suited with only two. :D

I'd like one of the pints.

GONE -I have a hand wine corker that was given to me along with the rest of my set up. The person who gave it to me has passed, so with the corker must be a toast to Joe.

and

I'd like to offer, to someone who has not tried it before, 7 lbs of sodium percarbonate (OxiClean).

I have a capper I can send too... maybe a few other little things too.

I'd like one of the pints.

I have a hand wine corker that was given to me along with the rest of my set up. The person who gave it to me has passed, so with the corker must be a toast to Joe.

and

I'd like to offer, to someone who has not tried it before, 7 lbs of sodium percarbonate.

Excellent- PM me with your address and I'll get one of the pints out to you. :mug:

Just FYI to everyone if the items you are giving are gone, please edit your inital post with the items that you are giving as follows:

In bold put the name of who the item has gone to at that it is "GONE".

I'd love the Gilda Corker, Yoop.

Gotta dig around in my brew box of stuff and see what needs to be shipped off when I get home.

I will put add someone as my second subscription to 8 issues of BYO.

EDIT: Sold to the man with the inappropriate outdoor furniture.

Shecky, PM me your address.

I have two pounds of very 'cheesy' whole leaf Hallertau, perfect for a lambic.

GONE -- YooperBrew The pump to an aeration kit, used twice. (i've already pressed the airstone into service in a cobbled together oxygen set up)

ONE GONE- OhioGuy Two extra HBT pint glasses. As much glassware as I have, I'm better suited with only two. :D
Hey, if you've got one glass left I'd love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back