Georgia roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesup, GA here as well.

Only club so far is Savannah, which is a great club! I suggest anyone in the area to check it out.

We need a club in the brunswick/St. Simons area though. Seems like there should be a lot of brewers around here...

Hiram here..

Although I haven't brewed yet or even own any gear.. I'm still in the research phase and making a supply/equipment list..

Hiram here..

Although I haven't brewed yet or even own any gear.. I'm still in the research phase and making a supply/equipment list..

Welcome to the hobby.

If you're planning on joining the American Homebrewer's Association, you should stop by Sweetwater and do it in person on Sunday. There will be a discount on membership, quite a few homebrewers and at least one Master Beer Judge to talk to, and if I know you're going to be there I could give you several cases of bottles that might otherwise be recycled.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/event-list/show?title=aha-rally-sweetwater-brewing-company-

Welcome to the hobby.

If you're planning on joining the American Homebrewer's Association, you should stop by Sweetwater and do it in person on Sunday. There will be a discount on membership, quite a few homebrewers and at least one Master Beer Judge to talk to, and if I know you're going to be there I could give you several cases of bottles that might otherwise be recycled.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/event-list/show?title=aha-rally-sweetwater-brewing-company-

Thanks for posting this! I definitely want to attend. Just started brewing a couple months back. I'll take any extra bottles as well if you have them. See you there! Name is Brandon Boyer. Look for me.

Thanks for the heads up.. wife has to work and I'll have the kiddos, maybe next time though..

If any of you guys haven't gone yet, I definitely recommend going to Monday Night Brewery. It's in West Midtown and have some of the best craft brewing around. Their Fu Man Brew is a ginger wit that won a gold medal. Their scotch ale Drafty Kilt is also strong and delicious. If you're looking for something to do on a Monday, Thursday or Saturday, it's definitely worth the $10 and two hours.

Maybe we can even arrange a meet up there.

NormPeterson said:
Lawrenceville and looking for people with some brew knowledge.

It's not the closest to you, but there's a brew club over here in Athens. I haven't ever been but that might be a good place to start.

Alternatively, searching these forums has proved to be ridiculously educational.

MotorcycleMike said:
I live in Lawrenceville and work in Doraville.
Been brewing a little over 1 1/2 years. Got some knowledge and will be glade to share what I know. Still got alot to learn myself tho. :mug:

Sounds good. Shoot me a pm next time your thinking of brewing.

hadn't checked in here but I'm in dunwoody/sandy springs area. Only been brewing since January but have 6 or 7 batches under my belt. mainly extract brewing, might expand some day but for now still learning. I did build a Keezer recently and posted my controller info in the how to section if anyone needs help with that kind of thing..

been on the lookout for another ball lock corny keg or two, anyone seen used ones locally? wasn't sure if any of the local shops have them (have seen the new ones)? Been scouring craigslist but they seem to go quickly. also in the market for a 8-10 gallon stainless brew pot if anyone knows of a good price or a used one if they are "upgrading". :)

on draft currently: raspberry/lemon hefe weissen, Magic Hat #9 clone, Bell's Two Hearted Ale clone.
fermenting: Green Flash La Freak
waiting for time to brew: Pliny the Elder AHS clone, and Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale.

Jesup, Ga here. Fairly new to brewing. So far I have a mead and a couple of ciders under my belt. Really enjoying my new hobby.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

mysteryshrimp said:
Acworth/Kennesaw checking in. 92 and Old Alabama. I'm talking to someone about possibly getting a Cartersville Club together. We have the space, we just need the interest.

For now I'm hanging with Insert Name Here.

Live in Kennesaw, work in Buckhead, brew in Cartersville. Much interest in a new club.

Live in Midtown/Buckhead, brew there and in Acworth. Try to manage 2-3 brews a month. Also interested in a brew club.

Would anyone be interested in a group brew day in Atlanta end of January/early February? I live in west Midtown and have plenty of space to brew. Just trying to gauge interest.

Buford, Ga here. Been brewing extracts for 1.5 years, just started all grain with BIAB....

Would anyone be interested in a group brew day in Atlanta end of January/early February? I live in west Midtown and have plenty of space to brew. Just trying to gauge interest.

This sounds like a cool idea. Would love to be able to meet some fellow brewers and pick their brains. My girlfriend has seminar on Saturday Feb. 8th so that would work great for me.

Conyers, GA here. Grew up in Jonesboro (well, far enough south on 19/41 it might as well be Lovejoy/Hampton). Let's just say that on a clear fall day, I could hear the qualifying rounds at the raceway. Yes, that makes me an Atlanta native. We should be an endangered species.

Interested in hooking up with any east-side brewers. I've been a slacker lately, but have recommitted myself to picking the habit back up. Special interest in strong beers/sours. Although, my liver appreciates the occasional lawnmower beer.

Some experience in brewing. Working on decoction mashing and lagering currently, but I'm easy if you want to invite/come over and brew. This driving to the north side of town to brew is killing me.

I'm from Hampton less than 5 miles I can almost see the cars on a race day lol. I just brewed my dogfish head 60 min ipa which ended up being a 65 min ipa and I didn't weigh out the last 5 min of hops... Cause I was scrambling cause I forgot some stuff... But o well I hit above my eg ( estimated gravity) so I'm happy

Conyers, GA here. Grew up in Jonesboro (well, far enough south on 19/41 it might as well be Lovejoy/Hampton). Let's just say that on a clear fall day, I could hear the qualifying rounds at the raceway. Yes, that makes me an Atlanta native. We should be an endangered species.

Interested in hooking up with any east-side brewers. I've been a slacker lately, but have recommitted myself to picking the habit back up. Special interest in strong beers/sours. Although, my liver appreciates the occasional lawnmower beer.

Some experience in brewing. Working on decoction mashing and lagering currently, but I'm easy if you want to invite/come over and brew. This driving to the north side of town to brew is killing me.

I am live down by Jackson Lake and been looking for brewers on this side of town. I have never done a sour but I enjoy them and would love to know how to make them.

Im located in McDonough and have been trying to find some guys interested to brew. I've never had a sour but welling to try. I've been doing ales, porters and some actually my own stuff playing around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Well, Gents, things don't have to be a sour this go 'round. Anyone like to do a Cream Ale in the next week or so?

Thanks!

Am indeed. I've got grains crushed and a kolsch starter at Krausen. Would have used the frozen streets as an excuse to brew today, but I'm 30 miles from my setup.

Back