Quick question re: Barley Crusher mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

Reaction score
These do come with the crank handle yes? and you can remove it to run a drill if you wanted to, right?

I mostly plan to hand crank and didn't want to have to order a crank or something (which I think you do pay extra for a monster mill w/ crank)

thanks! I plan to order this afternoon, finally!

It comes with a hand crank, but I assure you, you will want to use a drill. Hand-cranking will take forever. I can crush 10 lbs of grain in a few mins with a drill.

Yes and yes. You'll be good to go, whatever you decide. But Evan is right, you'll soon be digging out your drill. Especially if you have a lot of malted wheat to grind!

Here ya go...right out of the box and connected to some more of my exclusive equipment.

Drill1.jpg

Drill2.jpg

I did about 20 batches hand cranking my mill... what a pain in the ass. Took me about 45 minutes to an hour to do a batch :(

Finally got my drill working a couple batches ago. Make sure to use a wired drill.

you guys rock!

I do have an old electric drill that I replaced with cordless ones, so it can definitely become the mill motor if needed.

Hey, BM, did you buy that drill at my Dad's garage sale a few years ago?!:D Sure looks like his old one. You never knew when that metal case was going to shock the hell out of you during a project.

Back