10'gal cooler mash off temp...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewskii

Reaction score
How do you mash off raise in a cooler MLT?

Only way I can think is to take first wort and pre-boil it and then vorlauff.... Is that right?

Boil some water and add it to the mash. Beersmith has a calculator to help you determine how much to add.

If your MLT is full, drain some of the water and boil that then add it (trick I learned from BrewingTV where they did the Surly Bender clone)

Thanks.'saw the BTV thing too and that had me wondering. I am using my new 10'gal round set up next weekend and getting ready.
I don't use beersmith but I use brewpal on my iPod and I just played around with the spathe settings and I see now they have a boiling (212f) water addition for MO. Thanks for the Info

In brewpal, it will give you the strike and sparge temps/volumes.

I run off the initial wort, then use the sparge water as mashout. While the sparge is doing it's magic in the MLT, I start the heat on the collected wort. It gets up to 170 pretty quickly.

B

Back