Getting cornelius kegs in WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonCat

Reaction score
Ok so I spent all morning calling soda distributors, scrap metal dealers, salvage yards. No luck, what so ever. My local scrap metal dealer, just crushed some a few days ago. I am stuck, does anyone have any ideas?

I really don't feel like having to get 3 cornelius kegs shipped to me when I could get them locally.

Would appreciate any input.

Jon

+1 on Chi Company. It's our closest online retailer to WA. They are in the Sacramento area. Great company with fast shipping and good service. I got some of mine there. If you don't need all 4 you should be able to sell the ones you don't need for about what you pay for them.

I am at the top, I can see canada lol.

The whole thing is I would like to get them local, preferred used. Man when I was younger (aka before brewing) i used to find these things when looking for scrap metal.

I can't believe I can't find them now that I want then.

If anyone is local and want to split an order let me know. I am in Port Angeles.

I just moved from Port Angeles a few years ago. If you can manage a trip across the Sound, you can pick them up at many brew shops here. There's also Olympic Brewing Supplies in Bremerton that carries them. Not a bad jaunt next time you're running to Silverdale or something.

I am at the top, I can see canada lol.

The whole thing is I would like to get them local, preferred used. Man when I was younger (aka before brewing) i used to find these things when looking for scrap metal.

I can't believe I can't find them now that I want then.

If anyone is local and want to split an order let me know. I am in Port Angeles.

Dude, I used to work for Peninsula Bottling Company, the local Pepsi distributor, in Port Angeles during my college summers, I grew up in Joyce, and we had so many corny kegs it was ridiculous. Had I known back then I was going to need them, I probably could have gotten some of our old banged up ones for a price ranging from cheap to free. Sigh, hindsight...

I haven't had any luck calling coke or pepsi distributers either. And they always sound tired of the question like they get called a few times a week by homebrewers looking for corny kegs.

Just my thoughts. I would seriously consider ordering from the Chi company in Northern CA. Pick up the 4 kegs, they come cleaned and pressure tested. They will gladly stand behind any defective kegs. Add on the o-ring sets if not included. If you really think you are going to keep brewing 4 kegs is not a lot. It may seem like you don't need 4, but they are great for bulk aging as well as you can fil them, flush the oxygen out, pressurize them and sock them away to age. Any local seller is going to have additional markup built into the price and most local home brew stores are gonna hit you in the $40-50 range for their refurbished kegs. You can have 4 shipped to you with shipping for around $30 each from Chi. If you had orderred them from Chi you would already be done with it and looking forward to their arrival date (2-3 days) instead of still investing the time and energy into looking for them locally.

I haven't had any luck calling coke or pepsi distributers either. And they always sound tired of the question like they get called a few times a week by homebrewers looking for corny kegs.

Not any more as Matt at CHI purchased the last Pepsi production line with all the corny's months ago. His price is well worth the quality of corny's especially the 4 packs when he had 'em on sale. Shipping for me was just over 100 miles with 24 corny's purchased and all in great shape with solid rubber ends and still holding shipping pressure even a year later. The game's over now HBS stores that purchased from CHI and other suppliers in large cheap volumes can name their prices as i've seen $42 or $43 a corny before adding shipping costs lstely.

Damn if I had time to drive across the sound I would have no problem getting some. Looks like I will have to mail order some.

My company landed 2 contracts last night, gunna be busy (but getting paid good for it :)) Hope it doesn't affect my drinking time.

Send me the money and I'll pick some up and hand 'em over when I go home for the holidays. I'll charge my delivery fee in fluid ounces. :D

Looks like I will order 4 from the CHI Company, if anyone is near Sequim (Port Angeles) and wants to split the order, please let me know. Should be around $35 a pop.

Looks like I will order 4 from the CHI Company, if anyone is near Sequim (Port Angeles) and wants to split the order, please let me know. Should be around $35 a pop.

Your just too late as Matt's last sale getting rid of his last shipment of corny's sent to him after finishing up purchasing the last of the the total Pepsi production run line line in the U.S. of A. was 4-6 months ago. I was laughed at many times months ago to almost as long as a year ago that corny's will be gone as well 15.5 kegs with the prices that your LHBS wants to ask or how badly you want to be screwed by them just to purchase a corny or 15.5 keg. That time has come and is here it seems by these threads replies.

Matt told me a few corny's will trickle in over time, don't expect anymore of their big weekend special sales on corny's going for cheap anymore. One thing I never had a bad corny from Matt, one had a damaged pressure relief valve with a new on shipped within days free. Matt at CHI is a class act as well his company I can say from knowing Matt from many phone conversations with him the past couple of years. The best part CHI was close to me, low price and shipping with high quality shipped corny's. To this day I thank you Matt for your support. Look at their other brewing items they have available on their CHI site.

If he doesn't have them anymore why the heck is 4 for $99 + shipping still listed on his site?

I would find it hard to contact Matt at CHI on a Sunday he has a life also, you might give him a call tomorrow before 10 AM and get your supply answers directly from Matt or someone at CHI. Best I can tell you on a Sunday.

Matt's business is mostly in making large and regular sized stainless drums for the wineries nearby up in the Sonoma / Napa area the heart of the wine country. Matt can not be everywhere and is a busy person with a rather large company to keep running. I bet he's just spread rather thin to remove his corny kegs off his CHI site not alone even in California. Matt hits the floor running from his bed to late nights he's no slacker and one cool person I must tell you about him.

With my spinal surgery and being out of work for years it was hard for me to convince the wifey I had to buy what I can and ever need before the bubble popped on corny's and kegs, she did agree this time and now knows it was a good idea to buy when I did. My friend at the Port of Oakland has been loading tons of kegs aboard ships for export also warned me. This got me motivated and collecting kegs and cornys.

Dude. It's marketing. CHI is constantly "running out" of kegs.

Funny, no mention of same from other suppliers.

Ball locks are still being manufactured and are still in use for soda by some companies and will be for some time.

I'm sure it's true that it's hard for CHI to find kegs as cheap as they have in the past, but I highly doubt its hard for any person buying on the wholesale market to find them for a price far under the market rate.

Kinda sick of you constantly sounding like a used car salesman pitching CHI... Honestly, it's part of the reason I haven't ordered from them...

I would find it hard to contact Matt at CHI on a Sunday he has a life also, you might give him a call tomorrow before 10 AM and get your supply answers directly from Matt or someone at CHI. Best I can tell you on a Sunday.

Matt's business is mostly in making large and regular sized stainless drums for the wineries nearby up in the Sonoma / Napa area the heart of the wine country. Matt can not be everywhere and is a busy person with a rather large company to keep running. I bet he's just spread rather thin to remove his corny kegs off his CHI site not alone even in California. Matt hits the floor running from his bed to late nights he's no slacker and one cool person I must tell you about him.

With my spinal surgery and being out of work for years it was hard for me to convince the wifey I had to buy what I can and ever need before the bubble popped on corny's and kegs, she did agree this time and now knows it was a good idea to buy when I did. My friend at the Port of Oakland has been loading tons of kegs aboard ships for export also warned me. This got me motivated and collecting kegs and cornys.

Being a business owner, and one in IT. I find it hard to believe he has been out of stock for months and hasn't updated his site. Properly setup, it shouldn't take him more than 3 minutes to remove it or mark it as out of stock.

I will be calling tomorrow, if no luck I will order elsewhere.

Dude. It's marketing. CHI is constantly "running out" of kegs.

Funny, no mention of same from other suppliers.

Ball locks are still being manufactured and are still in use for soda by some companies and will be for some time.

I'm sure it's true that it's hard for CHI to find kegs as cheap as they have in the past, but I highly doubt its hard for any person buying on the wholesale market to find them for a price far under the market rate.

Kinda sick of you constantly sounding like a used car salesman pitching CHI... Honestly, it's part of the reason I haven't ordered from them...

Sorry I offended you "Dude" or curtis; why mention other suppliers that are way out of line on price besides high shipping costs for me? No car salesman here and I bet Matt is happy to not deal with a person like you either. Sorry I mentioned what has saved me a lot of money for other brewing equipment and passed it along you pissed off, i'll let it not bother me. When a supplier adds extra items like complete "O" ring seal kits for free one notices this added extra service and not forget them. Even when out of corny's I have received a call be it a week or two later that a delivery came in and if I was still wanting any. This is old school business and respect. There must be a difference being just a phone caller and a friend I have made. Good hunting for your kegs and corny's, if I offended you it was not my intent "Dude".

Being a business owner, and one in IT. I find it hard to believe he has been out of stock for months and hasn't updated his site. Properly setup, it shouldn't take him more than 3 minutes to remove it or mark it as out of stock.

Yep. And even most ecommerce software will track inventory. It should automatically either remove it from the site or at least list it as unavailable.

Let me know what you hear from him. I am thinking about getting some more as well...

Back