MD/DC grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my first buy so I'm not sure where there is. Is it posted in a previous post? I was looking but I couldn't find it.

Still debating, I'm not sure about the different vendors and which may be better than the others. Definitely thinkin a sack of pale, and white wheat. How much different do you find Marris Otter from the pale? Just lookin for some flexible base malts. I do Luke making some wheats, and the occasional pale ale/IPA's. I may even start making some stouts on a regular.

If I'm trying to brew at least 3 times a month, what do you think might give me the flexibility to keep a variety on 5 gallon batches? Specific brands of the grain?

hm..... cant say im not! Ill be brewing sunday... and off monday, so those are better... but i assume ill be around sat.

hm..... cant say im not! Ill be brewing sunday... and off monday, so those are better... but i assume ill be around sat.

I have had to work a lot of hours M-F recently (so weekday pickup isn't an option) and Saturday morning is really the only time I have free for the next couple weeks. So I will see you at 11 tomorrow morning and appreciate you working with me :mug:

How are we looking so far? Got some friends potentially interested in some bags of DME and I'll probably be down for 1 or 2 bags of grain. Definitely in for two bags...once I figure out what I want, could be as many as 4-5. Just wondering how close we are again.

Lemme know (PM is fine) how the samples were, always looking for feedback (positive or negative).

Cheers,
Aaron

got it, the cal common was super carbed, the half that I drank was good :) the irish red was good as well, the raison was a clone of raison (which is not a simple clone!) so that was super good! havent drank the other 2 yet :)

Put me down for (at least) the following:
2 - 5748: Golden Light DME
1 - CM-WHET: Wheat Malt (Canadian Malting)
1 - SM-SPIL: Superior Pilsen (Canadian Malting)

I'll update if more is needed as we get closer.

If we could get others interested in 5-10 lbs of Flaked Wheat or any Caramel Malt, I'd be in for that, expanding my supply is always a plus.
Also, I realize the minimum is 11lbs for hops, but should there be enough interest in a similar hop, I'd be interested in that. But, I understand how difficult that would be. I'm happy to help consolidate hops if needed. The price, no surprise, is amazing!
Ditto with Rice Hulls...$0.43 a lb is hard to pass up...except of course no one needs 50 lbs.

atjsparty said:
Put me down for (at least) the following:
2 - 5748: Golden Light DME
1 - CM-WHET: Wheat Malt (Canadian Malting)
1 - SM-SPIL: Superior Pilsen (Canadian Malting)

I'll update if more is needed as we get closer.

If we could get others interested in 5-10 lbs of Flaked Wheat or any Caramel Malt, I'd be in for that, expanding my supply is always a plus.
Also, I realize the minimum is 11lbs for hops, but should there be enough interest in a similar hop, I'd be interested in that. But, I understand how difficult that would be. I'm happy to help consolidate hops if needed. The price, no surprise, is amazing!
Ditto with Rice Hulls...$0.43 a lb is hard to pass up...except of course no one needs 50 lbs.

I would be in for a third of a sack of Caramel Malt. Would also be in for 1/2 a bag of MO if anyone is interested in that.

I'd be interested in a 1/3 of caramel as long as it isn't 80 or 120. What are you thinking about getting? Didn't see the rice hulls either. I'd be interested in some of those as well.

Add a bag of Briess 60L (5374) and GP-RICE to my order.
I'll work with Aaron and Scott on splitting up accordingly. If anyone else is interested in splitting, let me know. There's definitely 1/3 bag of Rice Hulls (at least) available.

Cheers,
Aaron

got it, the cal common was super carbed, the half that I drank was good :) the irish red was good as well, the raison was a clone of raison (which is not a simple clone!) so that was super good! havent drank the other 2 yet :)

Thanks for the feedback and letting me know about the CA Common. I'll have to check my notes on that one. Beer Gun should arrive this weekend or next week, so that should resolve any bottling/carbing issues. :rockin:

Sheldon said:
Scott, I think Stephin knows me, I have purchased a few times.

Cheers

Okay, you're splitting with Scott. I didn't get the MO in the last order, it's in this order. However, by the time it arrives, I'll be out and can use the whole sack.

Stephin

Not to confuse you, but Scott has ordered the MO for us to split.

Thanks for staying on top of things.

Sheldon

Latest posts

Back