Grain Group Buy - Mid Hudson Valley, NY, CT.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k47k

Reaction score
This buy is CLOSED

Please ensure payment is received by 6/29/2012. Payment information is listed in the spreadsheet.

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks for this delivery.
2. People will have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location on a specific date and time after the order has been received (near Poughkeepsie, NY).
3. Payment will be done through certified check or money order via snail mail, and will be required up front before the order is placed. personal check is an option but will delay the order by a few days. An estimate will be calculated once the order filled and any adjustments will be promptly credited back to each buyer via paypal or other arrangement. Buyers will have 1 week to submit payment after buy is closed. Paypal will not be used unless you are willing to pay the fees involved, they have threatened to delete my account for receiving gift payments on other grain buys ive done (perfectly within their terms of service).

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$30 2Row + shipping (~$4-6)
~$40 Marris Otter + shipping (~$4-6)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Note: Breiss grains are not available to us, DME is available.

Pricing (Use 2000-4000# pricing)
Pricing on the great malt sheet is an estimate. Plan for about $4-6 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

ORDER ENTRY

reply to this thread with what you want.
If you have any issues with the payment methods please PM me. If you do not make payment within 1 week from the time actual pricing is provided you forfeit your right to buy your grain and to participate in the grain buys until further notice. Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, if you can't make payment within 1 week then you better contact me directly or don't participate. It slows down the order and it is detrimental to the group participants.

DELIVERY: Will be made to K47K's residence in Poughkeepsie unless we find someone with a business with loading dock and fork lift (shipping will be cheaper).
I make pretty regular trips to the Hartford, CT area about once per month and could mule sacks.
I make less frequent trips to Eastern Long Island, NY (Moriches) area about once per month and could mule sacks.

K47K will keep us all updated on when the grain order is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you. Please make your best effort to make the preplanned pickup date as described above.

Interest:

I have begun maintaining a spreadsheet with this information validate your order here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am3fjHLGll50dFluREJ0aW4zbWw2ZE1QeF9SMGFzR3c#gid=0

dbALE
1-PBW50 (looking to split)
1-TF-MOPA
1-GB-ESB

K47K
2-BZ-PILS
1-TF-MOPA
Splits

ERIC
1-BZ-PILS
1-CM-2ROW
1-TF-MOPA

Christer
Splits

HILOP
1 - GW-2ROW
1 - GW-PALE
1 - CM-WHET
Splits

MSANDOR
1-GW-2ROW
1- GW-VIEN
1- GW-O2RP

82Shovel
1-GW-2ROW
1-TF-MOPA
Splits

GFORCE5
1-BZ-WHT
1-GW-2ROW
1-TF-MOPA
SPLITS

37OliveStBrews
1-GW-O2RP
1-GW-PALE
1-GW-2ROW
1-TF-MOPA
SPLITS

dami860 - PAID
1-GB-PILS
2-TF-MOPA
1-TF-GPRM
1-GB-VIEN

ASWAIN
1-GW-2ROW
1-GW-PALE
1-TF-MOPA

Split interest:
Complete:
1-TF-CHOC (1/4-k47k, 1/4-HILOP, 1/4-82Shovel, 1/4-Christer) COMPLETE
1-BZ-MUNH (1/4-k47k, 1/4-HILOP, 1/4-Christer, 1/4-Double_R) COMPLETE
1-GW-C60 (1/4-k47k, 1/4-Christer, 1/4-Double-R, 1/4-82Shovel) COMPLETE
1-CM-WHET (1/2-Double-R, 1/2-82Shovel) COMPLETE
1-GP-FLBLY (FLAKEDBARLEY) (1/4-Double_R, 1/4-K47K, 1/4-37OliveStBrews, 1/4-82SHOVEL) COMPLETE
1-GP-RICE (HULLS) (1/2-Christer, 1/4-k47k, 1/4-82Shovel) COMPLETE
1-BZ-CRPL (CARAPILS) (1/4-Double_R, 1/4-GFORCE4, 1/4-Christer, 1/4-37OliveStBrews) COMPLETE

Open:
1-GB-HONY (HONEY) (1/4-Double_R, 1/4-Christer, 1/2-AVAILABLE) OPEN

Interest:
Aromatic, Rye, Munich,

I am set for base malts but would be interested in splitting some sacks of specialty... Anyone want to split a sack of rye, chocolate, honey, carapils, rice hulls or aromatic?

i would go 1/4 share Chocolate and 1/2 - 3/4 Munich (i know u said you were set with basemalt)

Good luck k47k. Let me know if you need an account #. I think I'm still good with grains so far as life and weather are getting in the way of my brewing and I still have about 200#s of base malt.

I would like
1 TF-MOPA
1 GB-ESB

Can we get PBW? any extra charges ?
I would like to split a 50# pail

yes PBW is available, i believe it is $125 for 50lb pail. there shouldnt be any hazmat fees involved but ill let you know today, i have an invoice coming in for another order i put in earlier this week.

yes PBW is available, i believe it is $125 for 50lb pail. there shouldnt be any hazmat fees involved but ill let you know today, i have an invoice coming in for another order i put in earlier this week.

Thanks,if anyone wants to split I am in for 25#

I have 40 lbs of Munich from the last buy still... But I guess I could use more...

i would also take 1/4 share of medium crystal.

I am set for base malts but would be interested in splitting some sacks of specialty... Anyone want to split a sack of rye, chocolate, honey, carapils, rice hulls or aromatic?
Same here,On base malts but would go 1/4 on, Honey and Carapils..

I have 40 lbs of Munich from the last buy still... But I guess I could use more...
If you don't mind me stepping on your toes, I could split Munich with k47k.

i would also take 1/4 share of medium crystal.
Put me down for 1/4.. Say 40,60 L..?

If it's not to late I'd order
1 - GW‐2ROW (50lbs)
1 - GW‐PALE (50lbs)
1 - CM‐WHET (55lbs)

I'd also be interested in a 1/4 Chocolate of 1/2 Munich

I'm in Hyde Park

your not too late, we need to get to (or close to) 42 bags, right now we have around 14.

1 GW‐2ROW
1 CM‐WHET (would split half)
1/2 BZ‐MUNH Will split w/ HILOP if still available

Interested in
1/4 of Crystal 40/60L if available
1/4 chocolate if available

does anyone have access to loading dock w/ forklift or pallet jack near pougkeepsie? shipping would be much cheaper.

we are up to 20 sacks, 22 more to go, tell your friends!

If available.
I would like 2 sacks:

1-BZ-WHT [email protected]
1-GW-2row [email protected]

total 64.20 +s/h

Have access to loading dock in RAMSEY NJ, live 1/2 between in highland mills worst case could haul with cargo van to Poughkeepsie for a 6pack and if someone unloads.
nights and weekends only

I dont know how impatient everyone is, but we can place less than a full pallet order, it would mean we wouldnt get the >2000lb discount (around $1.50 per sack) and shipping would be a little more, around $8-$9 per sack vs. around $6 per sack.

please reply to this thread and let me know what everyone wants to do. i can place the order now or we can wait it out until we get to the full 42 sacks.

Right now we are at 24 sacks, 18 to go.

for the extract brewers out there, we can buy 50lb sacks of Dry malt extract. its around $90 plus shipping that comes out to less than 1/2 of what i see it for at the shops.

I dont know how impatient everyone is, but we can place less than a full pallet order, it would mean we wouldnt get the >2000lb discount (around $1.50 per sack) and shipping would be a little more, around $8-$9 per sack vs. around $6 per sack.

please reply to this thread and let me know what everyone wants to do. i can place the order now or we can wait it out until we get to the full 42 sacks.

Right now we are at 24 sacks, 18 to go.

Unless you have an "in" or something, NCM does not offer homebrew accounts any discounts. They use the lowest poundage price scale.

i am able to get up to 2nd tier pricing, probably due to the volume i do, i think i order more pallets than most small breweries. unfortunately they are usually for other clubs that arent nearby so i dont get to participate :(

Just throwing this out there..... Ignore if silly
Split maybe 1/2 or in 1/4....

barley.jpg

I'm in Danbury ct is it too late to get in on this? When is payment due? Where is the pick up? Never been part of a group buy before. Would love details before committing.

Pickup is in Poughkeepsie. There is still some room. Basically once we get to 42 sacks the buy is closed. I will send out everyone's estimated totals and you will send me check or PayPal. The order is placed when I have all the payments and delivery is a few days after. You then come pickup your grain in Poughkeepsie. If the estimate was high or low we will sort it out when u pick up the grain. It's never more than a few bucks off.

Awesome thanks. Will put my list in tomorrow when I can check out the grain list that you provided. Thanks for explaining. I just bought a sack for 60 bucks at Maltose and although I like the idea of buying in bulk I would rather save money and buy in bulk.

Okay I am good for the following:
GW‐O2RP -1 sack
GW‐PALE -1 sack
GW‐2ROW -1 sack

Thanks again for setting this up.

all orders updated, 10 sacks to go. I have posted a link to the spreadsheet on the first post in this thread. take a look to verify your order and view estimated total. total will decrease as more orders are placed (due to shipping cost per sack going down)

Back