Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added a # of williamette. Only one to go.

Edit: I took that last pound of williamette, lets fill the warrior split only 2 to go.

If you like lagers, pilsners or english brews they are good for those as well. I used them in my altbier (english amber ale). Witbiers, etc as well if you aren't into the hardcore dubbel, tripel, quad

looks like willy closed!

Added 2 lbs of columbus. Still reading 2 lbs total, should be 4 now. Still a bit to go to close.

besides Belgians, what is the Styrian good for?

Added another # of Styrian for myself. Count on it is 9#, 2# to go.
Edit: added 3# of columbus, thought I had more on the order, 3# to go.

Here's some recipe's I've found:
1. This English Ale/ESB has won lots of awards, and uses:
1 oz US Fuggle (60 min)
1 oz UK Kent Goldings (45 min)
1 oz Styrian Goldings (5 min)
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/the-innkeeper-limited-edition-all-grain-kit.html

2. A Belgian: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/what-do-styrian-goldings-303378/#post3775731
Here is my " Hysteria" recipe, it's an hopped version of a belgian blonde ale:

rcp for 22 liters
OG : 1.068
IBU: 61
EBC: 13

Pale malt 5kg
flaked wheat 300 g
Candy sugar 1kg

Target (13% AA ) 35g --> 80min
Styrian Golding (3,6% AA) 30g --> 25min
Styrian Golding (3,6% AA) 40g --> 15min
Styrian Golding (3,6% AA) 45g --> 5min

orange peel 4 tbs -->15min
Coriander 3 tbs --> 15min

yeast: Wyeast Belgian ardennes

3. Saison's:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/what-do-styrian-goldings-303378/#post3776580:
I've used them in a saison and a hoppy saison. Both turned out pretty well. Also, they'll work in anything english.
and
I use them for my Belgians and Browns. Honker's Ale is all Styrian if you want to get a sense for the flavor.

4.Common beer styles with it:
http://beerlegends.com/styrian-golding-hops
Common Beer Styles for Styrian Golding Hops

Beer Style
Extra Special Bitter (ESB)
Summer Ale
Bitter
Spring Ale
English Ale
Pale Ale
Oktoberfest
Barley Wine
Christmas Ale

5. Commercial beers using it (same as link on #4).

Folks, I have 31 POUNDS of hops in this buy. Please finish out the Columbus and Styrian so I don't have to buy more!

Letsssssssss do the math... shall we...

31 lbs of hops = 496 oz of hops....

Avg 5 gal batch of beer uses lets say.... 6 oz.

496/6 = ~82 5 gallon batches of beer = ~410 gallons of beer

Yes, and the really ironic part of it is that I have to go to the LHBS to get an ounce of Amarillo as I am out and need it to dry hop a batch....

Or 1 lupulin fest IPA haha

Yes, and the really ironic part of it is that I have to go to the LHBS to get an ounce of Amarillo as I am out and need it to dry hop a batch....

I too am sadly looking to buy a couple lbs of amarillo. Anybody know of a place? I am desprately hoping the summit hops will help out with the amarillo shortage/ cost.

Regarding the Amarillo, I don't know of places selling it by the pound.
Williams brewing: Out of stock (was 6 ounces for $12.90)
Hopshack: out of stock
Farmhouse: Available by the ounce only. $1.99/ounce, limit 6 ounces: http://www.farmhousebrewingsupply.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=409
Label Peelers: Sold out.

Hops update: 1# COLUMBUS LEFT. ALL ELSE GONE. Finish it, finish it, finish it!

Yeah I saw it at farmhouse, not a terrible price. However to rationalize the shipping I would have to buy more stuff! haha

Plus, 6oz's is just a tease.... :D

Yeah I saw it at farmhouse, not a terrible price. However to rationalize the shipping I would have to buy more stuff! haha

Plus, 6oz's is just a tease....

I got a solution. This fall we all pitch in and buy a bale of Amarillo hops. 230lbs isn't thaat much! :D

I got a solution. This fall we all pitch in and buy a bale of Amarillo hops. 230lbs isn't thaat much! :D

You will say I am crazy... but if you had a source to buy a bale I would go in for huge share. Depending on the price per lb I would be willing to go a little nuts.

My buddy and I would love to have amarillo IPA on tap all year long. I use about a lb per batch. Hops last for several years when stored right so... 20-30lbs? Hell, maybe I would buy a bale!

You could sign me up for that last straggler pound of columbus if it's still left by five. :p

I think you might be the big winner - the witching hour is fast approaching.

I signed you up for the hops with 1 minute to go. Anyone better let me know ASAP if they want it instead.

looks like we are all full! Can we assume the totals now are the most accurate and send our money to you CM?

I believe we are all set and up to date (fire when ready).

Please note your HBT handle when you send your check. Thanks!

Just remembered that I have forgotten to add donations. Luckily, sheet is still unlocked so done. Thanks to the organizers!

Note to all: Feel free to add me to the donation list, where you can thank me for my encouragement in keeping the buy moving onward and upward. :)

copyright1997 said:
Just remembered that I have forgotten to add donations. Luckily, sheet is still unlocked so done. Thanks to the organizers!

Note to all: Feel free to add me to the donation list, where you can thank me for my encouragement in keeping the buy moving onward and upward. :)

I plan on donating my refund. If it is only a small amount will give more at the pick up. Strong work!

CidahMastah said:
I believe we are all set and up to date (fire when ready).

Please note your HBT handle when you send your check. Thanks!

We should be good but I'm gonna go through and check the prices vs the latest catalog to make sure. Should be done by 8 PM.

Ugh that's lame, my 1# of columbus on hop split 11 is no longer there. Oh well the warrior more than makes up for it.

SHEET IS NOW LOCKED - ORDER CLOSED

If you want to add a donation, PM me and I can add it to the sheet before you send your deposit.

Let me verify the spreadsheet and check pricing vs the latest catalog, and I'll give everyone the OK on deposits. If you already sent a check, just double check when I post the final results to see if there is a difference.

Ugh that's lame, my 1# of columbus on hop split 11 is no longer there. Oh well the warrior more than makes up for it.

Did someone accidently remove it? Can someone donate a lb to bryanj?

I could look through the history but it will be a needle in a haystack to find who did it.

Its no big deal, it was for a friend anyway. Im just glad we were able to close on that third pallet. Thanks for all the effort.

It looks like drmark50 accidently removed your 1lb. I went through the history and it shows him removing it. It most likely was just a mistake, the sheet is so large it can get tricky to see whats going where sometimes.

Everyone check split 11 to make sure they have what they signed up for as well.

Did someone accidently remove it? Can someone donate a lb to bryanj?

I could look through the history but it will be a needle in a haystack to find who did it.

Its no big deal, it was for a friend anyway. Im just glad we were able to close on that third pallet. Thanks for all the effort.

Jeff, you can switch one of my #'s of Columbus.

BryanJ, it's up to you. I have plenty as I have almost 2# at home...was just trying to get it closed out (so I certainly don't need all 4# on the sheet)!

Jeff, you can switch one of my #'s of Columbus.

BryanJ, it's up to you. I have plenty as I have almost 2# at home...was just trying to get it closed out (so I certainly don't need all 4# on the sheet)!

Can do. I'll go ahead and switch it. If BryanJ doesnt want it, I will switch it back.

It's nobody's fault that it happened.

Back