My control panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I have almost finished my switches and so I have a picture to pass on to show you what I am up to.

CIMG1981.jpg

Looks nice. What is the peice with the red and black hoses? it appears to be a chiller but I see another chiller below it.

looks like a pre and post chiller.

use tap water to knock most of the temp out, then colder water to get it the rest of the way down

Answers and Explanations...

The hoses do come off of a two zone chiller as shockereng described. It works well and is set up to utilize glycol from my chiller.

The control panel is really very simple. The switch on the left controls the pump, simple on and off, manual control. No fancy electronic pump control, just a switch in a central location. Next to that is an outlet that is controlled by the switch next to it. I plan to use this for my mash stirring/mixer. Again, simple on and off, but in this case I want the plug so it can be removed ( as opposed to hard wiring the mixer's motor). The square plate is access to wires, cords and connections. To the right of that is yet another switch which will turn the power to my electic heating element on and off. The temperature controller will also be tied into this heater and the switch will basically control the power to that side of things.

I have some pictures of this heating element, it is not finished, but I will post what I have anyway.

Back