Beer Blogs and Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new blog about home brewing and craft beers...off to a slow start, but I love writing about beer. http://passionforthepint.com/

Hi Mike, thanks for the link to your blog. I took a quick look around and it looks interesting. Your coffee blog looks interesting, too! I'll add links next time I update!

I noticed you have it linked to a facebook page and I'm curious about why you do that and how you use it? My little website is really only intended for family and friends, its been getting about 40 visits a week (not including my clicks) and in the last week got a little over 100 (apparently people were curious about my hops planting). I'm wondering if you do the facebook page to drive traffic to your blog? I've just been posting a link on my personal facebook whenever I update my site.

Thanks!

I use it so people can stay connected with my blog. For a lot of people, including my family and friends, they're a lot more likely to check their Facebook every day, than my blog. Plus, for a lot of people it's easier for them to leave a comment on Facebook than on the actual blog. For my coffee blog, it started off slow, but now it's one of the best traffic sources for my blog.

Hi Mike, thanks for the link to your blog. I took a quick look around and it looks interesting. Your coffee blog looks interesting, too! I'll add links next time I update!

I noticed you have it linked to a facebook page and I'm curious about why you do that and how you use it? My little website is really only intended for family and friends, its been getting about 40 visits a week (not including my clicks) and in the last week got a little over 100 (apparently people were curious about my hops planting). I'm wondering if you do the facebook page to drive traffic to your blog? I've just been posting a link on my personal facebook whenever I update my site.

Well out of my friends I drink/try the most kinds of beers and while I used to post pix or personal reviews of them on my food blog, I figured, why not just start one just for the beers. While it isnt as 'professional' as most, it serves as a personal diary of sorts for the beers: http://www.brewsauce.com/

Its been fun doing it and some of my closer friends have actually started to move away from the macro beers into the world of good beers :)

Well out of my friends I drink/try the most kinds of beers and while I used to post pix or personal reviews of them on my food blog, I figured, why not just start one just for the beers. While it isnt as 'professional' as most, it serves as a personal diary of sorts for the beers: http://www.brewsauce.com/

Its been fun doing it and some of my closer friends have actually started to move away from the macro beers into the world of good beers :)

Thanks, I enjoyed your blog about the beers you've tried. Do you have a link to your food blog? I don't read a lot of cooking blogs, but I do read a bread baking blog and a slow cooker blog.

Thanks, I enjoyed your blog about the beers you've tried. Do you have a link to your food blog? I don't read a lot of cooking blogs, but I do read a bread baking blog and a slow cooker blog.

Yea, Like I said I do these for my personal enjoyment so please forgive me for any informalities you might find. The food blog though is http://www.alexsgrub.com/

Thanks for including the Screwy Brewer site on your blog. I am an avid brewer and the site continues to be my online repository for all my brewing sessions. Since the early days of brewing using Mr. Beer extracts recipes I've more recently covered steeping grains with extracts and now all grain as well.

I have created many useful DIY articles on building everything from mash tuns and stir plates to fermentation chambers and installing beer taps in a refrigerator. The articles and projects are based on real experiences that I have built or brewed and include tons of helpful information and plenty of photographs too.

The April 2011 qBrew database download is now available now for free at Download qBrew April 2011 Database Update (qbrewdata). There is even a video tutorial for all the MAC users out there that shows how easy it is to install and update qBrew with the latest ingredients database.

Back