• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FoodSaver Mini Plus Deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarheel4985

Reaction score
For those of you looking for something between the handheld FoodSaver units and the larger, more expensive units, the FoodSaver Mini Plus is a pretty good deal right now. It only takes the 8" plastic rolls or quart-size bags, but it comes with an accessory hose that can be used with the FoodSaver canisters or mason jar attachments. If you're like me and only need to seal hops you purchased in bulk, this is a hard deal to beat.

Right now the FoodSaver Mini Plus, which retails for $69.99, is on sale for $41.99. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Add the wide-mouth jar sealer to your cart for $10 so you can use mason jars to store hops, removing the quantity you need, then resealing the jar. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! When you get to the checkout, put in this promotional code: SEVENF20. You should get an additional 20% off your order, bringing it down to $41.58 plus tax and shipping. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Use FatWallet for an additional 6% cashback.

Enough with the infomercial. You can add any accessories you want (quart-size bags, 8" plastic rolls, canisters, etc.) to get to $50 and then enter the code. If you end up spending over $100 (buy a set for a friend), shipping is free, which will save you another $15-20. This is certainly not the highest end FoodSaver, but the price can't be beat and the accessory hose makes it more versatile than the handheld units.

FoodSaver Mini Plus: http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=91&pid=7726

wide-mouth jar sealer: http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=89&pid=270

8" rolls: http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=88&pid=7476

I'm just going to throw this out there for anyone buying, you may want to consider the full size units. the cost of the bags is so high you can save the difference in price fairly quickly buying the bulk packs at costco 4x11" and 2x6" for $38 or $29 when the come on sale a couple of times a year. If you look around you can also find the factory refurbished food savers for $60 to $80 depending on the model

Good luck its a great investment for the kitchen.

John

FYI.

I've found the generic bags at Menards (a Home Depot like store in the midwest) that work very well. They are about half the price as the regular ones, and cheaper then Costco when I compared.

Also, check out Kohls for good deals on the Foodsavers. It doesn't look like they have any on sale right now, but I picked up a full size unit for about $50 when they were.

Sorry for such a long, delayed update. I purchased this unit along with both mason jar attachments (regular and wide mouth). They were offering 25% off the entire order when I purchased, so I got everything for $44. To be honest, I have not used any of the plastic yet, just the mason jars. And so far, they've worked perfect. I seal my hops in the larger mason jars, then used the attachment to seal them and they've been in the freezer since. I opened one this past weekend for a brew session, and sure enough, it popped when I opened it so I guess the seal held. Not sure if this unit is still available but it's certainly an economical choice for the person buying smaller bulk quantities of hops.

Back